Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax

albie64

It's possible but we do not provide defaulting instructions here as per our guidelines.

You would also need to know how to program all the equipment back correctly, I understand this is the DIY section but is that something you know how to do? If not you have a panel with no detection connected.

Powermax model is budget one way signalling system and obsolete now, so really you look to upgrade especially if you need to alter the system.

It's an old panel I installed years ago, it was removed as no longer needed and has sat on a shelf in my garage ever since. I now want to use it to alarm my garage but have tried all the codes I can think of but can't remember what it is. I've opened it up and there are 3 pins with reset on them but they don't seem to do anything. I've already tried code etc but no luck, was hoping there might be something I haven't tried. I've tried to contact Visonic via email but no reply.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
no codes please

If you have the manual I would suggest giving it a read as defaulting instructions are in there.

Make sure you follow it correctly as if you do it wrong the panel will not store programming correctly until its complete.

You could try guessing some of your own likely codes as it will be one you came up with at some point.

Thanks for the reply.

I have read the manual and I realise I can default it in the installer menu, I have already tried all the codes I can think of, I'm sure I wouldn't have changed the Installer code only the user code, but anyway to no avail. Thought bridging the reset terminals on the board might do it but again no good. Thanks for your help, will see if I can get any where with giving Visonic a call, if not it looks like it's going in the bin.

On 13/02/2021 at 14:48, sixwheeledbeast said:

It's possible

On 13/02/2021 at 18:03, sixwheeledbeast said:

If you have the manual I would suggest giving it a read as defaulting instructions are in there.

TBH it's unlikely to be much use for your application anyway, even if you did get it working. You'd only be able to use contacts which are pretty limited depending on the garage.