Security Installer Community

Configuring Texecom Impaq SC-W

saguy

Hello. I have two use cases for the SC-W contact/shock sensor.

1. Using shock sensor and magnetic sensor on my skylights to alarm when skylights are open or attempted break-in. My understanding is that the dip switches are: M - ON, S - On, T1 - Off, T2 - Off.

2. Using the inputs on the SC-W to connect my normally closed perspex burglar bars which essential have a wire running through them to determine if it's been cut. I imaging that one end of the wire goes to T1 terminal and the other to COM. Then dip switches are: M - Off, S - Off, T1 - On, T2 - Off.

Then I'm also not sure what the correct mode would be, Hybrid/Auto? etc...

Anyone have experience or guidance on this?

3 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

1. Correct

2. Correct

The correct Ricochet Device Mode will be selected when you learn the device onto the receiver.

So y have manual selection , shouldn't they just call it battery mode as realistically that's what it's for it seems 

53 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

So y have manual selection.

A few devices have had problems in the past, being able to change the mode provided a workaround. Usually you just learn on the device and leave the device mode which is selected by the device. Some people like to dabble with changing the mode which can improve battery life at the cost of reduced functionality.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

1. Correct

2. Correct

The correct Ricochet Device Mode will be selected when you learn the device onto the receiver.

Thanks. Could one theoretically use M, S and T1 together? I see nothing that says otherwise in the manual.

1 hour ago, pcaouolte said:

A few devices have had problems in the past, being able to change the mode provided a workaround. Usually you just learn on the device and leave the device mode which is selected by the device. Some people like to dabble with changing the mode which can improve battery life at the cost of reduced functionality.

Cool, you in trade? But not in trade , apply .....

3 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

Yes, and T2 if you want a tamper input. A possible problem is that these all appear as one zone, I don't know if South African standards would permit that.

South Africa have a zone connection to an Uzi so no problem 

7 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

Yes, and T2 if you want a tamper input. A possible problem is that these all appear as one zone, I don't know if South African standards would permit that.

Thanks for that. I'm still learning and appreciate the info. What makes T2 special then? Is it just that if it is "triggered" the alarm will show it as a tamper?

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

South Africa have a zone connection to an Uzi so no problem 

What is an Uzi?