Security Installer Community

Strange Emails

MrHappy

Hi David,

I've been trying to get in touch for a while now about your website but can't seem to get through to you...

I figured either you've been eaten by alligators or you’re just plain swamped.

If you have been eaten by alligators, my deepest sympathy goes out to your family members.

If you’re still alive however, one of the following is more likely to have happened.

I hate to keep pestering you, so please pick one response and let me know what our next step should be.

A - Yes, I’ve been eaten by alligators. Please send flowers.

B - No, I haven’t been eaten by alligators, but you may wish I had been, because I have decided I have no interest in a new website. Sorry, you’re sunk (thanks for your frank honesty. I can handle it.)

C - Yes, I’m still interested I’ve just been busy – get in touch and let’s talk.

I'd really appreciate it if you could just ping me a quick reply with either A, B, C to let me know where you stand!

I wonder if everyone get the same email or does this got out to to just the nutters ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

fecking loads i hit the unsubscribe button or ask politely for rhem to unsubscribe me from their spam list, if they dont I set them as spam and subscribe their email to as much free shit as I can find, not quite a ddos attack but probably annoying 

10 hours ago, norman said:

I rarely click unsubscribe unless they are legit businesses like Go Outdoors etc. Anything else and I think it just shows the address is live and monitored. 

I did mean the legit numpties not the proper spammers, life coach's, recruitment feckers,website promoters, people ike that

10 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Replying to them is what they are aiming for, then they know it's a valid address to add to the list.

They won't care about inbound mail either they'll just send it to /dev/null

again as above, not referring to spam I dont reply to that, normally these are real people at the end of the email that are looking for a reply to the address they sent from  

Thunderbird does a good job of blacklisting spam spam, I can also set up auto delete for key phrases in the subject line like "Simple Contact Form" 

The asking to unsubscribe and the clicking the unsubscribe button has worked it definitely reduces the life coach, and recruitment , promotional video, emails I get.