Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer With Wireless Optex Perimeter Beams

EViS

you wont be able to link them in that way. I do what your trying to do with beams and external sensors at home. It also controls my heating modes (ie away etc) based on set status also using ifttt. I get app notifications when armed and chime when disarmed But i dont use pyronix anything. Its HKC which is a pro installer only panel. You could get similar with more available kit, ie the spc or dimension but it wont be a simple programming job

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

you wont be able to link them in that way. I do what your trying to do with beams and external sensors at home. It also controls my heating modes (ie away etc) based on set status also using ifttt. I get app notifications when armed and chime when disarmed But i dont use pyronix anything. Its HKC which is a pro installer only panel. You could get similar with more available kit, ie the spc or dimension but it wont be a simple programming job

Do you use any form of CCTV with the AI inputs as per Peter's setup, or is it solely beams and sensors? How do you use beams/external sensors to control your heating? I would have thought it would be internal PIR's which would control that as anything external couldn't be configured to know whether you're personally in the property or whether it was just a courier delivering a parcel?

The intruder panel would control the heating from the systems set status not the beams.

You can open a can of worms here, every installer would use different kit from different manufacturers to do the same job, difference is if you know how to install and program it.

Most top end commercial panels are capable of controlling auxiliary kit if you know what your doing.

3 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

The intruder panel would control the heating from the systems set status not the beams.

Duh! Of course it will, hence the use of IFTTT! Is this one of the reasons you guys don't class anything by Pyronix as 'top end'? They're panels are fairly 'dumb' in what they can control and connect with? Or is there a more underlying issue of security with their panels (wireless aside for the purposes of the question)?

15 minutes ago, EViS said:

Duh! Of course it will, hence the use of IFTTT! Is this one of the reasons you guys don't class anything by Pyronix as 'top end'? They're panels are fairly 'dumb' in what they can control and connect with? Or is there a more underlying issue of security with their panels (wireless aside for the purposes of the question)?

Overall the enforcer won't do what you want very well 

Maybe the euro mini if it has hybrid options can do it , not sure 

59 minutes ago, EViS said:

Do you use any form of CCTV with the AI inputs as per Peter's setup, or is it solely beams and sensors? How do you use beams/external sensors to control your heating? I would have thought it would be internal PIR's which would control that as anything external couldn't be configured to know whether you're personally in the property or whether it was just a courier delivering a parcel?

I only use beams and detectors both wired and wireless for notification and external lighting only. Heating is by alarm set status not yet on a per room basis but i might do this.

11 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I only use beams and detectors both wired and wireless for notification and external lighting only. Heating is by alarm set status not yet on a per room basis but i might do this.

Do you have a frost override?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

11 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

What is your reason for not using CCTV for the external notification side of your system, in the manner that Peter does? I'm just trying to educate myself on the pro's and con's of both and what influences the choice ?.

6 minutes ago, norman said:

Do you have a frost override?

Yes set at 5 degrees

I live out in the middle of nowhere, badgers little deer pheasants etc never had success with it but I haven't tested the gear Pete uses

But sunlight, rain etc are issues beams are immune too. Also fog etc. 

Plus my alarm etc is battery backed my cctv isnt

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Yes set at 5 degrees

Ah, I had the heating linked to the set years ago but dissed it in the bad winter we had (2011) for that very reason, I leave the Nest set daily to 20 degrees and it goes up a little using IFTTT when either of us are nearby.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.