Security Installer Community

xm 6 optima alarm.

Guest john

I don't think that 17 year old discussion particularly helps any argument tbh

Ultimately; customer messes, customer accepts they were the last to touch the system and accepts any consequences, I cannot imagine any insurer, or any judge in any court having any issue with that, nor stating that you have a safety duty of care NOT to provide specific manufacturers data or manuals.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

On 18/02/2020 at 22:19, Guest john said:

Hello.  This is my first post.   As a newbie could anyone tell me where i can obtain an Optima Xm6 alarm system installation manual.  I have looked at various websites and found only a user guide which i already have.  The system is quite old but still working fine.  When it was installed some years ago we where not given the installation book  that would have come with the system.  Thank you for your help.

Very old panel you should get rid of it , if you do get rid of it can you upload a YouTube video of it being smashed , no point anyone else having it incase it's got an electrical fault and you could liable 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Guest john said:

Hello peter.  Thank you for the reply.  I have previously installed two alarm systems.  One was cabled and the other was wireless.  Both came with installation guides of course.  Although the system is working fine now it is an old one and if there are any future probs  i want to be in the position where i can troubleshoot the board etc.  The alarm was put in originally for my parents.  They where never given the manual.  If they paid for the system  they also paid for the installation guide that came with it and where entitled too but never received .  

Rule of thumb most good security companies will not leave the installation manual. When you buy any product you will normally only recieve the user manual, what did you get with your TV or Fridge? Now you may argue that your alarm panel is different, however, I would argue that we sell security systems and an integral part of that system is how it is programmed and set up. If the customer was given the installation manual the installer is leaving the system insecure, because it provides the customer with the ability to meddle and deprogram the system quite easily with a press of a few buttons. Not only that if everyone had engineer manuals for their alarms there is a very high possibility of them falling into the wrong hands because there would be so many of them floating around. 

9 hours ago, Guest john said:

Hello peter.  Thank you for the reply.  I have previously installed two alarm systems.  One was cabled and the other was wireless.  Both came with installation guides of course.  Although the system is working fine now it is an old one and if there are any future probs  i want to be in the position where i can troubleshoot the board etc.  The alarm was put in originally for my parents.  They where never given the manual.  If they paid for the system  they also paid for the installation guide that came with it and where entitled too but never received .  

John have you been called a  recently ***?

A user manual is for the user an installation manual is for the installer,

When I purchased tat like an xm6 it came with an installation manual, an advice note & an invoice.... none of these document have ever been given to the user of the alarm....

now, why would I imply your a ***?

Try typing xm6 engineer manual into google...... if you can't find the book you must be a proper ***... 

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God