Security Installer Community

xm 6 optima alarm.

Guest john

Hello.  This is my first post.   As a newbie could anyone tell me where i can obtain an Optima Xm6 alarm system installation manual.  I have looked at various websites and found only a user guide which i already have.  The system is quite old but still working fine.  When it was installed some years ago we where not given the installation book  that would have come with the system.  Thank you for your help.

We do not allow posting of installation manuals as per our guidelines.

It would not be normal for an end user to be given an installation manual.

There is nothing in the installation manual you should require as an end user.

"Working fine" is relative, it may seem to set and unset but you wouldn't know without it being serviced if the system would operate as designed.

26 minutes ago, Guest john said:

Hello.  This is my first post.   As a newbie could anyone tell me where i can obtain an Optima Xm6 alarm system installation manual.  I have looked at various websites and found only a user guide which i already have.  The system is quite old but still working fine.  When it was installed some years ago we where not given the installation book  that would have come with the system.  Thank you for your help.

Just out of curiosity why do you want the installation manual 

On 18/02/2020 at 22:46, PeterJames said:

Just out of curiosity why do you want the installation manual 

Hello peter.  Thank you for the reply.  I have previously installed two alarm systems.  One was cabled and the other was wireless.  Both came with installation guides of course.  Although the system is working fine now it is an old one and if there are any future probs  i want to be in the position where i can troubleshoot the board etc.  The alarm was put in originally for my parents.  They where never given the manual.  If they paid for the system  they also paid for the installation guide that came with it and where entitled too but never received .  

As above it is not normal practice to have been given the installer manual for a professionally installed alarm system.

Also as above, if a system of this age 'goes wrong', the installer manual is unlikely to be of any use beyond disabling it pending a replacement system. Unless you're a fan of 30 year old washing machines, microwaves, TVs, light bulbs, cars... etc... it seems odd to be wanting to keep a 30 year old alarm going.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands