Security Installer Community

New home, old alarm

GregT

Would really appreciate some help. I am fairly decent DIY’er. We have moved home and the new property has an alarm installed but it hasn’t been used for a few years. I removed the front panel and the battery is disconnected and internal fuse removed.

i have absolutely no manuals nor any help from the previous owner who had always let out the property. But I see the key pad is a Menvier unit. I can’t see any branding inside the main box. 

i thought I should just replace the fuse and see if it works. But I have no idea what code I will need to punch in, to programme etc. Any clues? Will it need a code if it’s been completely disconnected  for a few years?

Many thanks

Greg 

We cant give out defaulting codes or instructions for security reasons. You also have the issue of not having any of the current codes.

I see a couple of options, get an installer to recommission and service it with the hope it's in serviceable condition not disconnected due to some intermittent fault.

Alternatively fit a new system that hopefully you can work out how to do from the instructions onto the existing wiring. It's really down to how much you value your security and your time.

47 minutes ago, GregT said:

Would really appreciate some help. I am fairly decent DIY’er. We have moved home and the new property has an alarm installed but it hasn’t been used for a few years. I removed the front panel and the battery is disconnected and internal fuse removed.

i have absolutely no manuals nor any help from the previous owner who had always let out the property. But I see the key pad is a Menvier unit. I can’t see any branding inside the main box. 

i thought I should just replace the fuse and see if it works. But I have no idea what code I will need to punch in, to programme etc. Any clues? Will it need a code if it’s been completely disconnected  for a few years?

Many thanks

Greg 

As above we can't send out defaulting information, but if you want send us a picture of the keypad and main panel and as it's certain to be ancient anyway we can recommend a replacement.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands