Security Installer Community

GJD security lighting fault

Yetloh

I have a fault on this system and hope someone will be able to help me.  I have posted details on the to GJD via the technical support page on their website but have had no response.

I have a GJD Sapphire Mk3 controller to which are connected two Opal XL pirs and LED floods - one at the back of the house and one at the front.  When one sensor detects movement both floods come on - not ideal but it's OK .  The light a the rear of the house now doesn't come on although it works when switched manually, but both pirs appear to be working because they trigger on the controller shows them and the sounder triggers.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Used to fit these back in the day.

As SWB and IIRC Sapphire is a one channel system, with 4 zone indicators. So you may well have a detector on Zone 1 and Zone 2, but with only one relay for the lights(s)....

Hence as above detectors have an output for the 'beep' and an output for the 'lighting' which will only be at 'night'.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

rip it out & put a decent lighting controller it, (but nobodys make anything to compete with it ?)

take the cover off & walk test it (they go opaque with age

swap sensor around to see it the fault follows

work the pots back & forth to see if the lux sense are at a working level

swap a sensor with a new one

fault finding is 2 man job after hours, it cheap to put the lights on timer ;)

Mr? Veritas God