Security Installer Community

Eurosec CP8L Settings

imroberts

I moved house earlier in the year and inherited a Eurosec CP8L, however no codes.

I've downloaded the installation and user manuals and factory reset the unit so I can now get into the installer options. I've worked through all the options and set up the zones as I want them etc. and everything is working as I expect.

I have a few questions however that aren't completely clear from the manual and hope somebody can help.

Exit Modes

I've set appropriate times and set this to Time for both Full and Part - what's the behaviour if I select T/EE, ET or E/E?

Entry 1 Time and Entry 2 Time

These are set to 30 and 10 by default which match the Full Exit and Part Exit times however it's not clear what Entry 1 and 2 refer to?

Tamper Ring
This is set to Off by default - does this mean the alarm won't go off in the event of a tamper being triggered? It strikes me as odd that would be off by default?

15 minutes ago, imroberts said:

T/EE, ET or E/E?

T/EE = timed exit or final door terminate. final door means setting will complete when the final door is closed on leaving

ET = exit terminate. Push to set button. Wont set till its pressed

EE = final door

17 minutes ago, imroberts said:

Entry 1 Time and Entry 2 Time

Entry 1 normal entry time, on expiry entry 2 time will start but will give an internal alarm. At the expiry of timer 2 full alarm (Bells and comms)

18 minutes ago, imroberts said:

Tamper Ring

I dont know but id assume it will fire the external bells when disarmed if on. Default would be internal alarm only for tampers if disarmed

• Thanks 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Tamper Ring as above it activates the bell trigger if the bell tamper is opened it's a Gardtec thing.

Most systems would let the SAB deal with self activating which is the same as off.

Never noticed that feature, how odd.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands