Jump to content
Security Installer Community
Captain_Mike

Texecom Premier Arming Fault

Recommended Posts

I am neither an electrician nor an installer but would be grateful for help and advice with a Texecom “Premier” system that was professionally installed in July 2013 and has had annual maintenance ever since.  The problem arose about 6 months ago when although being armed before leaving the house, we would then return home and on opening the front doors, the internal sounder would emit a warning tone and a fault message would appear on the keypad to the effect than an area was not fully armed.  I then have to go through a series of key presses to clear the fault, all of which is beyond my wife and that of the cleaner, who enters the house in our absence.  The problem is compounded by the fact that we have a door into the lobby before reaching the outside door, and hence on leaving the house we cannot hear if the alarm has armed or not;  I know that an external sounder could be fitted, but that still leaves the question of why doesn’t the system sometimes fully arm as it should and why has it taken 6 years before coming up with this fault.  Our alarm engineer has tried to rectify the fault on 3 recent visits and on the last visit fitted a new sensor on the external door, which has still not cleared the fault.  I would be grateful for any suggestions that might remedy this fault as at the moment we are left with a system that does not give the protection that it should.  Finally, I have noticed that when arming the system, either one of the following messages is displayed “Area in Exit A” or “Zone 10 Active”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's sporadic and infrequent.  Last week, there were 3 occasions on separate days, whilst on those same days it also armed properly.  According to my installation instructions Zone 10 is not enabled.  There is a hard to read note in the instructions that look like "ZONES 9-16 FROM UNLS EXP"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to the above, I think I have interpreted the note. In the installation instructions, against Zone 9, the Device is shown as "WLS MRS Front Door", Location is "Front Door" and then I think the comment mUst be "ZONES 9-16 FROM WLS EXP".  However, there are no active Zones other than Zones 1-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go into Walk test mode (I am assuming you DONT have engineer codes?) and work out what all the zones are, and see if anything triggers Zone 10

 

The comment for 9-16 regards an wireless (WLS??) expander (EXP), so I wonder if you have a wireless door contact or PIR that is slowing up or has a reed switch stuck, or is faulty still?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Captain_Mike said:

I am neither an electrician nor an installer but would be grateful for help and advice with a Texecom “Premier” system that was professionally installed in July 2013 and has had annual maintenance ever since.  The problem arose about 6 months ago when although being armed before leaving the house, we would then return home and on opening the front doors, the internal sounder would emit a warning tone and a fault message would appear on the keypad to the effect than an area was not fully armed.  I then have to go through a series of key presses to clear the fault, all of which is beyond my wife and that of the cleaner, who enters the house in our absence.  The problem is compounded by the fact that we have a door into the lobby before reaching the outside door, and hence on leaving the house we cannot hear if the alarm has armed or not;  I know that an external sounder could be fitted, but that still leaves the question of why doesn’t the system sometimes fully arm as it should and why has it taken 6 years before coming up with this fault.  Our alarm engineer has tried to rectify the fault on 3 recent visits and on the last visit fitted a new sensor on the external door, which has still not cleared the fault.  I would be grateful for any suggestions that might remedy this fault as at the moment we are left with a system that does not give the protection that it should.  Finally, I have noticed that when arming the system, either one of the following messages is displayed “Area in Exit A” or “Zone 10 Active”.

What has engineer said on three visits ?

 

Has it always said same fault ?

 

Could be a fault on the cable 

 

How do you know nothing is connected to zone10?

1 hour ago, Captain_Mike said:

It's sporadic and infrequent.  Last week, there were 3 occasions on separate days, whilst on those same days it also armed properly.  According to my installation instructions Zone 10 is not enabled.  There is a hard to read note in the instructions that look like "ZONES 9-16 FROM UNLS EXP"

Can we see a picture of what you mean by "according to my installation instructions"

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Can we see a picture of what you mean by "according to my installation instructions"

 

I assume he means what the installer has written in the manual as a zone list

 

The OP later clarified 'UNLS' as 'WLS' which I assume means wireless, e.g. a wireless expander, that includes the mysterious Zone 10

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

 

I assume he means what the installer has written in the manual as a zone list

 

The OP later clarified 'UNLS' as 'WLS' which I assume means wireless, e.g. a wireless expander, that includes the mysterious Zone 10

I fixed one recently an elite , similar system , has an external bell was installed by a builder not bad lol, freaked me out why it wouldn't set 

 

The builder clever one put the garden door sensor into the frame on a bifold after years slamming the door damaged the reed , I thought that was it but theres a gap behind the magnet side and the magnet itself and popped out from behind into the frame so not allowing alarm to set and always showing active 

 

Standard flush round magnet mounted on pillars into door , groove in door is where magnet was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to all of you for your interest and replies.  Just checked the details of the alarm and software:  it's an "Elite 24" and the software version is V3.01.02.LS1.  It is always the same fault that occurs, and the fault message always relates to "Zone A".  The external alarm never goes off, it's just the internal one that emits an alarm and then requires that I reset the system to clear the fault.  It is a wireless door contact that is fitted and this was replaced on the last engineers visit.  In addition, I am connected to the BT "Redcare" monitoring service and the alarm faults that I have experienced have never triggered any alarms at the Redcare centre.  I attach a photo of the "Equipment Installed" page of my Information Handbook.  Grateful for any further advice that will help me steer the engineer in the right direction.

Equipment Installed.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to keypad, go to Walk test, I can't remember how Texe works but will it let you scroll through a list of zones, tell us what Zones 9 and more importantly Zone 10 say as description (plus open front door and see what comes up during test)

 

Again, limited experience with Texe but is it possible Zone 9 is the door sensor housing and unused built in reed, and Zone 10 is an external contact?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's getting beyond me and I have since spoken with Managing Director of installing company who is now sending round his "No 1 Engineer"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to hear what it was (or, what they tell you, which may be more elightening...)


So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Be interesting to hear what it was (or, what they tell you, which may be more elightening...)

So zone 9 has an expander on it 

 

Sounds like an abacus split lol only 8wireles zones connected to one zone input ?

 

Where that bloke DIY swb when we need him........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah as I say I suspect an 8 zone wireless expander all for one active zone

 

Zone 9 being the contact housing case and bridged/disabled built in reed switch

Zone 10 being an external FSL contact wired to the above

 

Just me guessing assuming it's like Scanny would handle it

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The door contact is most likely still active when the system comes to arm, this is what is causing your "arm fail".

I can tell you now it's something your maintainer will need to resolve, it's not going to be something you can fix.

 

"Area in Exit A" Would indicate that you are arming the system and no zones are currently active.

"Zone 10 Active" Would mean the alarm believes the door is open.

 

Normally these type of things happen when the mesh network is not happy, this could be an array of things.

 

First thing I can think of if this is an entry route door, I have had an issue once where when a door had a poor signal security the message to the panel had a little bit of delay.

This was due to the message passing through poor signalling hops, increasing the settle time a bit cleared this up completely. That was a pretty large old house tho.

 

Another option is that the contact is set to the wrong radio mode for whatever reason, unlikely unless someone has messed with the default settings.

 

If I was coming to this without knowing the system and found nothing obvious like above, I would recommend to fresh start all the radio equipment and possibly replace the radio expander.

This would resolve it if the engineer makes sure it's commissioned correctly and the signal security is good on all devices.

In reality it probably doesn't all that work but it's belt and braces so to speak.

 

I would say you either have poor signal in that area for whatever reason or the system is unstable as not commissioned correctly, They are the most likely causes.

It can be difficult to pin down these intermittent issues, no doubt on the day an engineer turns up you can't reproduce it.

 

It would also appear that you haven't got system faults setup via the RedCare (It's probably a "Redcare Secure" unit using pins), I would ask about this if you don't know why you are not receiving fault messages.

I would normally expect a police calling system to have keyholder only response on "system faults" and "system tampers", that way if someone is tampering with your system you are notified.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.