Security Installer Community

Wiring a GJD 710 communicator to a Scantronic 9651 PD, advice please.

11 hours ago, BearKnots said:

How Do All,

Thank you kindly for your replies, this is very much appreciated and very helpful also. 

I bought the GJD from Alert electrical as the system I built is pretty much all the same components as the kit they offer which includes the GJD 701 communicator, only difference was that I wanted the 9943 key pad with proximity tag reader and I used different pir's.

When I bought it you are obviously led to believe that as the sell it as part of a kit that it is fully compatible and would be able to be used as intended.

I will see if I can send it back and will buy one of the recommended communicators above (thank you for the recommendations!)

My intention was to have it set up so that it would contact me via text or speach message if there was an alarm or tamper event and also tell me which sensor was triggered.

I also wanted it to call two other numbers in the event that I triggered the panic button, this being in case I ripped off my fingers in the lathe or similar, so someone would know to send help if I was not capable.

Lastly I wanted to be able to disarm, reset or trigger the alarm using my phone for whatever reason.

The GJD write up gives all of the above as possible, hence why I thought it would work as such with the 9651PD since the company mentioned earlier sold it as a compatible component to their kit.

It's a pity really as you buy from these professional Alarm suppliers expecting they are selling you the correct and fully compatible components.

Anyhow I will let you all know whatbi go with and how it works when I install it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Take care,

Barry.

to do what you want a dialler is possible but you would be far better off with a native app imho

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

11 hours ago, MrHappy said:

he spends his evenings watching telly, drinking lager

You must be close if you have the exact same hobbies?

11 hours ago, BearKnots said:

and also tell me which sensor was triggered

Sadly, it won't do this, but you would at least be able with the GJD to distinguish between alarm, confirmed alarm, and panic button activations.

22 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

hence why I thought it would work as such with the 9651PD since the company mentioned earlier sold it as a compatible component to their kit

They haven't lied TBF, it will pretty much work with ANY 12-24V device (fire, access control, intruder, vending machine...) just not that intuitively.

The irony is that the 40H* would have been practically the same price :( It will also do SMS as long as you have a BT line with an inexpensive plug-on extra PCB

(and no, dialler fans, not the dreaded TAP, but the actually working ETSI, though only on certain BT billed, not just Openreach provided, lines)

*There are plenty of other cloud connected panels, not sure how many of them are currently 100% free though

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

15 hours ago, MrHappy said:

lol, the wholesale sell boxes they have no idea how to fit stuff, your dialer will work with a touch of swearing...

your install is neat, but not how an alarm monkey would do it- bootlace ferrules & a speaker in speaker wire look odd to me

I'm also a semi professional stalker, you decorative work looks good.

I have an acquaintance who's fishes for shell fish & he spends his evenings watching telly, drinking larger & marking lobster pots, to my untrained eye they are really beautifully made & far too good to lob in the sea

All of my wiring is terminated with bootlace ferrules! I wouldn't do it any other way! And yes, speaker wire, it was all I had to hand and didn't know if I should have used the alarm wire for this also.

I suppose at the end of the day it is after all a speaker connected with speaker wire so I was doing what common sense told me 

Trawl nets are another work of art that sometimes look way to good to drag through the sea or get torn up on rocks and wrecks.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

You must be close if you have the exact same hobbies?

Sadly, it won't do this, but you would at least be able with the GJD to distinguish between alarm, confirmed alarm, and panic button activations.

They haven't lied TBF, it will pretty much work with ANY 12-24V device (fire, access control, intruder, vending machine...) just not that intuitively.

The irony is that the 40H* would have been practically the same price :( It will also do SMS as long as you have a BT line with an inexpensive plug-on extra PCB

(and no, dialler fans, not the dreaded TAP, but the actually working ETSI, though only on certain BT billed, not just Openreach provided, lines)

*There are plenty of other cloud connected panels, not sure how many of them are currently 100% free though

Thank you,

I guess I was just expecting it to be a straight forward installation of the dialer to the control box. 

I realize that with some forethought I could do with it almost what I want. 

I was originally going to buy a texecom system which would have done everything I asked but I made my choice simply as it is a workshop which I am protecting and not a whole house so I went for what I thought was a simpler and slightly cheaper option.

The alarm system as it is works beautifully, and I am as happy as a pig in ****

Plus, the plain metal housing and simple keypad system I really like.

I may persevere with the GJD and at least give it a try.

Ah right I thought that was yours! I fit those speakers myself.

Anyway, if you paid what Alert are listing for the GJD *and* you can get a refund, I strongly, strongly suggest you get a refund and swap it for this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GSM-TELL-Pager3-Z6-6-input-auto-dialer-communicator/323864542434?hash=item4b67d4bce2:g:qAQAAOSw0NtbXesQ

This is the 6 'zone' version of the other one I posted. It's simple to use (it also has an optional mode where it is a complete alarm as it supports keyswitch entry/exit zones etc... and I've fitted them to fast food vans)

But out of the box it works as a straightforward 6 channel GSM messenger. It also has separate 'restore' messages so you would know if the alarm had been reset (if someone else has the code!).

It would at least fit inside the case, and is a dream to program via any windows PC with a USB cable (it even has the software built in whcih dl's when you first connect)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Anyway, if you paid what Alert are listing for the GJD *and* you can get a refund, I strongly, strongly suggest you get a refund and swap it for this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GSM-TELL-Pager3-Z6-6-input-auto-dialer-communicator/323864542434?hash=item4b67d4bce2:g:qAQAAOSw0NtbXesQ

This is the 6 'zone' version of the other one I posted. It's simple to use (it also has an optional mode where it is a complete alarm as it supports keyswitch entry/exit zones etc... and I've fitted them to fast food vans)

But out of the box it works as a straightforward 6 channel GSM messenger. It also has separate 'restore' messages so you would know if the alarm had been reset (if someone else has the code!).

It would at least fit inside the case, and is a dream to program via any windows PC with a USB cable (it even has the software built in whcih dl's when you first connect)

This is junk lol

1 hour ago, BearKnots said:

Not my speaker if you mean the one in the picture from Al Yeti? 

I just using a cheap Kinetics one.

Go with this and you will get support aswell

https://www.adventcontrols.co.uk/collections/gsm-alarm-dialers/products/gsm-alarm-auto-dialer-sms-sender-6-channel-remote-voltage-measurement-monitoring

If suitable

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Sadly I did pay the asking price as I did not know any better! 

They either will or won't refund it, either way it my fault for not researching it properly and I'll take the hit if I have to.

44 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Cheers, I'll check this out also.