Security Installer Community

Galaxy Flex Autoset based on no activity

Ian2

Hi,

Have a groups setup on some storage building and want the alarm to set its self if all zones are ok and no tiggers for 60 min say Staff on site keep forgetting to set the alarm) Is this possible?I cant seem to see any good descriptions of what the 100's of functions do on the Galaxy.

1 hour ago, Ian2 said:

Hi,

Have a groups setup on some storage building and want the alarm to set its self if all zones are ok and no tiggers for 60 min say Staff on site keep forgetting to set the alarm) Is this possible?I cant seem to see any good descriptions of what the 100's of functions do on the Galaxy.

From memory JW mentioned that the Siemens unit does this but the galaxy doesn't 

So I assume is there a way to have relays also report to another device which does a key switch to start it 

Sounds messy but possible in my view 

Yes, autoset would be a better choice. You can have a warning sent via self monitoring if the system has not been set by a certain time point. This would allow you to log in to set remotely.

The Dimension panels have a count down timer which could possibly be combined with the 'ready' output type, but the Flex links don't support the latch and reflex timers, so you would need an external countdown timer linked to a set input.  

Probably better to integrate some automation system with the panel if you want something complex.

10 hours ago, Ian2 said:

Hi,

I have couple of sites on autoset at a certain time works ok for them 

But if you have weird hours for staff it won't work for you

Then you have to find third party system to trigger alarm for you 

Ok Im going to use autoset to arm the alarm at knocking off time. Is it possible to locate a RKP in the area ( Group A2) so it controls the group and the existing Office (Group A1 ) carries on as normal?

So basically can I locate a new Mk8 to only arm / disarm group A2?