Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer kits

alanfox

I am looking at purchasing a Pyroniox Enforcer and I am tried to understand the different modules available to buy:

1. Enforcer PSTN kit - This is just the stand alone system with no contract, just siren sound. probable the most commonly used system by DIYs.
  2. Enforcer GSM Modem - This only texts messages to your mobile phone about the status of your Enforcer. Are there are additional cost?
  3. Enforcer PSTN Modem - This one connects to your phone system. Assume this one would have cost to run each month.
  4. Enforcer HomeControl+ - This one is the system that you can control from mobile app and you can add CCTV cameras.

I am planning to add CCTV camera to the system at the later date and would like to access the Enforcer from mobile app or computer. Should I look at purchased the Enforcer HomeControl+.

Do I connect the Enforcer via home broadband LAN connection to get the internet connection. Do I need to pay for any additional cost to run this system each month? 

PSTN 50p ish call once every 14 days

GSM, sim card + call cost

App annual fee + either a SIM card or home broadband

As co. we've little interest in the above & we'd supply an App panel with our own managed communication device.

Mr? Veritas God

I had app panel on a wired card as test system on a bench

After testing it & getting notifications on alarm ectt.. I left it unplugged for months & never got any indication that it wasn't working via the app

• Upvote 3

Mr? Veritas God

33 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

After testing it & getting notifications on alarm ectt.. I left it unplugged for months & never got any indication that it wasn't working via the app

But it's diy , what you want to be notified for?

3 hours ago, alanfox said:

I am looking at purchasing a Pyroniox Enforcer and I am tried to understand the different modules available to buy:

1. Enforcer PSTN kit - This is just the stand alone system with no contract, just siren sound. probable the most commonly used system by DIYs.
  2. Enforcer GSM Modem - This only texts messages to your mobile phone about the status of your Enforcer. Are there are additional cost?
  3. Enforcer PSTN Modem - This one connects to your phone system. Assume this one would have cost to run each month.
  4. Enforcer HomeControl+ - This one is the system that you can control from mobile app and you can add CCTV cameras.

I am planning to add CCTV camera to the system at the later date and would like to access the Enforcer from mobile app or computer. Should I look at purchased the Enforcer HomeControl+.

Do I connect the Enforcer via home broadband LAN connection to get the internet connection. Do I need to pay for any additional cost to run this system each month? 

Option one 

Or option 2 with contract sim 

5 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Well you would if you were using the system correctly (setting/Unsetting notifications switched on) as you would not have received and notifications when using the system, but yes they need a push notification for polling failure which i think could/should be done.

1 hour ago, Simlec said:

Well you would if you were using the system correctly (setting/Unsetting notifications switched on) as you would not have received and notifications when using the system,

yes got open+close / alarm, tamper alarm

1 hour ago, Simlec said:

but yes they need a push notification for polling failure which i think could/should be done.

so it don't do polling ?

so go on holiday, cut the line external of the premises & have all the time in the world to rob the property  

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

yes got open+close / alarm, tamper alarm

so it don't do polling ?

so go on holiday, cut the line external of the premises & have all the time in the world to rob the property  

You get that with a standard PSTN device as well as any wifi coms.

No it currently will not send you a push notification of polling problems like most of the other brands out there (I will email them to see if it can be added), unless you have the ARC GSM module and then your are monitored anyhow.