Security Installer Community

PSU Tasks

1 hour ago, AdrianMealing said:

I'd agree, the fact that over 95% of our returns are no fault found backs this up.

That wasn't exactly my point, but I understand where you are coming from.

How can you prove that the supply and cable is ok before you bin the detector without your meter?

You have to do your best to prove the equipment/cable after a F/A.  Many seem to blindly swap it out and feck off.

I'm sure I have mentioned before I have been to calls were three different engineers had been and swapped the same sensor after false alarms over a month period not even thinking to check for a cable fault.

Look at it from both ways. If you don't find an obvious issue you are normally best to swap it. You will be back again, if there is an issue, but this time not earning anything.

Agree with all that, one of the biggest issues over the last few years has been **** cable, it's been mentioned before but a lot of people don't know how to turn a meter on let alone use one. Poor quality cable causes all sorts of issues for many manufacturers, poor quality installations are usually blamed on the gear used, especially when in front of the punter. I've had to have a few quiet words with several company owners when their so called engineers have blamed our kit on their **** install and lack of knowledge. Does my head in when we get called to a site as the cause of the problem, only to find it's got feck all to do with us.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

10 hours ago, AdrianMealing said:

Agree with all that, one of the biggest issues over the last few years has been **** cable, it's been mentioned before but a lot of people don't know how to turn a meter on let alone use one. Poor quality cable causes all sorts of issues for many manufacturers, poor quality installations are usually blamed on the gear used, especially when in front of the punter. I've had to have a few quiet words with several company owners when their so called engineers have blamed our kit on their **** install and lack of knowledge. Does my head in when we get called to a site as the cause of the problem, only to find it's got feck all to do with us.

And breathe... 

Your totally right in what you say there though, we have had more than a few occasions where kit gets swapped only to find the problem is still there.

Had one So called "Engineer" ring me up panicking as all the fuses in the panel he was working on had "dead shorts" on them. Not even funny really.