September 4, 201610 yr comment_449801 Hi All just fitted a new alarm panel went to connect battery and like an idiot connected the terminals the wrong way round blew the battery fuse. Replaced the fuse with an exact one fitted it connected the battery the right way round and blew that. Checked for shorts but fuse keeps blowing is there any chance that I have goosed the battery. I know the battery was OK as earlier I did have it connected the right way and it worked all help would be gratefully received Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/ Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr comment_449802 The battery should be ok I suspect you've wiped the idiot diode out. I haven't fitted one of these panels in a few years and don't have a schematic or PCB layout to hand to be 100%. [Please do not recommend member commit fraud, regardless of the sales outlet, thanks] Edited September 4, 201610 yr by datadiffusion Suggesting fraudulent behaviour Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449802 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr comment_449805 Why would it knock diode out? Thought diodes would go open circuit if anything , or its to do with how it's designed? Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449805 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr comment_449806 seen that a few times yes it's broke the panel. securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449806 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr Author comment_449808 Can I buy just the board are will I have to get a complete new unit Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449808 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr comment_449809 You'll probably find new board is as expensive as a new panel, if not more, as most stockists will have to get one in special tbh. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449809 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr Author comment_449812 Thanks I will bite the bullet and buy the full unit again. Think I paid about £35 which is not bad but a lot for such an elementary mistake Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449812 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr comment_449813 £35 eh?, I'm sure most on here have made 'mistakes' costing a lot more than that, nature of our profession tbh. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449813 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr comment_449814 Now now, we all know the £45 monthly iphone subs & £500 a year on Sky are far more important than securing a £200k house... Edited September 4, 201610 yr by datadiffusion So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449814 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
September 4, 201610 yr Author comment_449815 In that perspective your right still a stupid mistake Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40406-honeywell-ads-gen4-optima-compact-alarm/#findComment-449815 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.