Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 system alarm goes off randomly

Mt1967

Hi all, firstly I'd like to say Hi!

A few years ago I installed a Gardtec 800 system in my brothers house and it's all been working fine until recently, the outside bell box goes off randomly with the system unset, the family is home so no intruders etc, the problem is there is no fault displayed on the keypad so I'm wondering if it could be down to the battery!

If I set and unset the system it operates as usual but does not turn off the alarm!

Any ideas peeps?

Thanks

Mark

The tamper circuit was connected at time of install, would the display not show something up if it was down to a zone/p.i.r etc?

I think I'll replace the battery in the bell box, I presume there isn't a common type? My brother seems to think I installed the system back in 2000, I didn't think it had been that long but it could well have been!  I know I've replaced the battery in the panel since then that's for sure.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Cable fault? As above tamper not connected or connecting or shorting

Check cable route to bell, mice common problem 

Thanks, I just thought if tamper was fault it would display on the screen! Oh well

18 minutes ago, Mt1967 said:

Thanks, I just thought if tamper was fault it would display on the screen! Oh well

Well ... if the tamper between the bell and the panel had been connected then the keypad would display the tamper fault. If the bell is sounding with no display at the keypad it could be a number of things. Most likely it will be the tamper switch on the bell, but it could be a problem with the wiring if the hold off has a intermittent connection, its unlikely to be the bell box battery or the panel battery.

3 minutes ago, Mt1967 said:

The tamper is connected on all the circuits! 

And the bell and the keypad and the panel, but if the tamper return on the bell is linked out at the panel the bell can still tamper on self actuating but does not indicate at the RKP