Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 system alarm goes off randomly

Mt1967

Hi guys, right I think I'm going to fit a new bell unit, check over the circuit and go from there as I say it's been a while since install and although it's been pretty trouble free, it obviously needs looking at! 

Do do I take it any bell unit sold today will still fit ok? I'm going to change the door contact and the kitchen pir as although I'm sure it's a pet unit they do have a dog again now, although like I say it doesn't go off when it's set, so it's not the Jack Russell in the kitchen. 

Thanks

Yes most bells will work or can be modified to work with this panel, they all come with wiring diagrams.

I would suggest if it has not been serviced for a while that the CPU battery is replaced at the same time

6 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Yes most bells will work or can be modified to work with this panel, they all come with wiring diagrams.

I would suggest if it has not been serviced for a while that the CPU battery is replaced at the same time

Thanks Peter, 

i forgot to mention I was going to replace the battery, iirc it's a 12v 7ah I think! 

Hi all, 

Today I fitted a new bell box which is a Texecom Premier Odyssey 1E which has a different wiring combination to the old Nova box.

Can someone help me with the conversion please? I thought I had it right but when I placed the battery jumper on pins 1 & w and put the cover on, the bells sounded and would not turn off, on the RKP display, fault was Bell Tamper!

I'll list the wiring of the Gardtec 800 panel and old bell box along with the new bell box. Thanks in advance for any help.

control panel wiring for bell.

Strobe Blue + White -

Bell Red + Black -

Bell hold Yellow  SAB TMP Green

Old bell box.

Strobe White - Blue +

S- Bell SW Green TMP Yellow

Red + Black -

New bell box

A (12V) Permanent Positive supply

B (Bell) Negative applied Output to activate siren

C (Tamp) Negative removed on Tamper input

D (0V) Permanent t Negative supply

S (STRB) Negative Applied Output to activate Strobe

thanks

18 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

you've listed yellow & green differently for bell & panel ?

Ehm, so I have, I'll double check tomorrow but I must have it wrote down wrong from today as according to the diagram I done today of the old bell wiring confirms Green is Bell - and Yellow is Tamper and has been for the last 15 years! 

Do you know what the conversion should be chap? 

Thank you!