Security Installer Community

Anyone Know Anything About Ade?

Gabs

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the old alarm company ADE, like when they were founded? Or where they were based? I don't know much about them apart from the fact that they made the majority of alarms in UK homes today, and they weren't exactly high-end

Thanks in Advance :proud:

Just wondering, they seemed like such a good company, there is nothing about them on the internet, all the evidence that they ever existed is on here with their old adverts.

Edited by Gabs

I know, I think it's a shame that they don't brand their own products anymore, they just say 'Honeywell Security' on them now I don't really know anything about them, so I was just wondering and trying to learn a bit more about this company. Their alarms seem ok, many of their old alarms still working now, I have 3 of their alarms, a Version 2 Concept 6, Optima XM and a brand new, unused Accenta 8.

we used to fit all the range, logic 4 up to Ultimate.

Back in the day the Karizma + was a cracking panel, and we still have lots under maint and comms. Looked after and correctly installed, they were/are very stable. Ultimate, hmmmm not as robust imo.

Edited by 9651

The ultimate could do anything, and could run two lines of iD.

The only issue for me was the flakey build quality of the pcb itself. All of our Ultimates have long gone, but as mentioned above still have many K+ nocking about. Any that die or need upgrading go to Texe, either with 60iXD unit, or wireless