Security Installer Community

What Wireless Does Everyone Reccomend?

Rob Kirk

Just find I-ON simple.

After going to a site which needed an upgrade from a old wired system which also required more detection the hybrid I found was very good.

It was an old cottage (large) which to get cables around would have been near impossible without looking horrific , adding the wirefree kit alongside the wired stuff really worked, had redcare on too which was always a worry with radio stuff.

I suppose I have never worked much on others but I found the visonic stuff hard work although that was working on faults etc (I have never installed one from scratch).

there was a pyronix type which I found tricky but got there in the end ! again not installed from scratch.

Visonic kit is good, albeit 1 way and slighlty looming in the past but Pyronix gear is better though, 2 way, better diagnotics due to this and home (British) made with good tech support. Mind can't slate Visonic as their support has been good in the past!

What do you find good about visonic?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had issues with texecom Ricochet and batteries?

Ive got a job and ive replaced front bell batteries after 3 weeks,rear sab after about a month and there dead again!! Im being told im putting batteries in the wrong way round!!

The job has 3 bell, front rear and shed! The shed had a contact and detector in it, when you check the mesh both devices go via shed bell then to rear bell!!!

Anyone ?

Ive got a job and ive replaced front bell batteries after 3 weeks,rear sab after about a month and there dead again!! Im being told im putting batteries in the wrong way round!!

The job has 3 bell, front rear and shed! The shed had a contact and detector in it, when you check the mesh both devices go via shed bell then to rear bell!!!

Anyone ?

Comfort lights on?

Anyone ?

NO end.

Comfort lights on?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

@Matt

it has been raised on here and the Texecom forums, regarding the bell. Not had the issue since so maybe I did put them in the wrong way round at that point I didn't check when taking them out, put a new set in and nothing,but they were put in the right way round.