Security Installer Community

Engineer Code For Menvier M-Series

I was talking takeovers,you say you default panel and reprog,fine if a 2 bed semi but a large commercial with no paperwork you've lost 3yrs maintenance money just putting it back to the way it was

ok. Your assuming its fully working and prog'ed right?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Most takeovers we do we always to get into prog mode either by list of other engineer codes or default code procedure. We rarely ever do a full default. Once in give the system a full check and test. Why would you default whole system. Surely that caused more issues to customers like having to get fob back from delivery driver etc. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Thank you for swift and concise answers to my questions; interesting to see the various points of view.

I wouldn't necessarily expect the owner to have full access during a warranty period in case they poked around and messed it up causing extra expense for the installer.  However, at the end of the warranty, I think it is reasonable for the owner to have full access to something that they bought if they decided not to have an on-going maintenance contract (it's their lookout if they then mess it up).  That's why I suggested reversion to default should be at no extra cost.  I wouldn't expect a dedicated call-out; maybe something like "when we're in the area".  That said I can see why no-one would be in a rush to give away potential business.  Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to answer and add valuable comment.

If pushed, I'll try a factory reset and hope the NVM isn't locked.

Edited by blackfish

A list of what the other companies use would be useful though.

How do would you feel when you see your codes on the list ?

If pushed, I'll try a factory reset and hope the NVM isn't locked.

Cool, don't forget to charge enough to for the "Free of Charge" revert to defaults sometime in the future ;)

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God