Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy 2 Questions

Admin:- "..just answer the odd question without one.."

I'll run back through the posts on this thread. However, When I am interrogated it is obviously incumbent upon me to establish whether the question contains arbitrary nuances..It is not my desire to create, nor become involved in, what may be perceived as 'petty squabbles'.

OK. As Admin points out quite correctly, nothing will happen on a line fail. However, if you fit a Line fail module at the control panel this shall cause a local alarm when the line is cut.. Having said that, I haven't seen one of these modules in any of the trade warehouses for several years.

No need for additional modules with the Galaxy G2.

The panel will monitor the PSTN line input for voltage and provide a local alert if there is a problem (as per JW).  The panel will also assert the fault output if you want this to trigger a separate signaling method.

Third party multi-path devices can also be installed in the panel, but the G2 has a limited power output, so it's a push for the G2 system to drive system peripherals plus a combined GSM/Ethernet device.  A UPS based Broadband/GSM router is also an option for single path devices where the fixed broadband line may be susceptible to sabotage and more than a line fault needs to be detected.