Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy 2 Questions

Hi all,

First post here, any help gratefully accepted.

My alarm is nearly 7 yrs old now, and apart from a battery replacement recently works fine, except for when there is a fault with the telephone line. The alarm is set up to text my mobile if it activates. I understand that this is the same system that ADT fit, or used to fit, but it was installed by another security company, not ADT.

My phone line has been dead for a week (now fixed) and during that time I have not been able to activate the alarm because it refuses to do so while there is a fault with the line. That seems totally stupid to me - why can't the alarm activate and work, but simply be unable to text me if there is a fault with the line ? Can the set-up of the system be changed ?

Also, if the alarm is activated, and the phone line goes down while it is activated, what happens ?  Fortunately this doesn't seem to have happened yet.

Edited by Tuvoc

Ah, so it is possible, thanks so much for your reply !

What will happen currently, if the alarm is set, and the phone line goes down ?

I think I may look for a new company to look after the system.

You said line fixed now, so set it and disconnect it and see what happens , experiment for you

There is, but it hasn't been used for a very long time. There is a Virgin socket, and that is the phone line :) .

Honestly, I don't want to be mucking around with sockets and cables, I'm totally useless at anything like that, I just thought someone may know the answer. If not, I'll just have to remain in the dark and hope that when I'm out or on holiday in the future, the answer isn't the worst case scenario of the alarm going off repeatedly. Ironically, I don't think the SMS thing is working anyway, as the number programmed in is probably obsolete. I did ask the original installler, but their answer was that the alarm simply can't be activated if the phone line is down. Nopw I know they are wrong.  I know what happens when it goes down when the alarm isn't activated - the control panel beeps at me. I just don't know what happens if the line drops when the system is armed. I suspect the answer might be that the alarm goes off, and will repeatedly sound the siren until the system is disarmed, becuase it could be a burglar that has cut the phone line, but I don't know.