Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy 2 Questions

Well said Lwillis, should have phoned a reputable when the problem first emerged.

Well I never said reputable.....

OP -Check the SSAIB and NSI For a local approved installer.

If you let us know what area your in maybe we can reccomend someone local to you.

Thanks all. The original installation company is SSAIB(UKAS) accredited, but it seems he doesn't know the system as well as he should. He relies on the knowledge of whoever he employs at a point in time, and I think he was without someone for a while and that is where his own less than comprehensive knowledge became apparent.

I'm not worried about someone cutting the line, but I wanted to know what would happen if there was a fault with the line while the system was armed. From what you are saying, I gather that won't cause the alarm to go off.

I am in Carshalton, Surrey, which is not that far from Wimbledon if you don't know it. Any recommendations gratefully accepted, and I'll look at SSAIB website, I didn't know it existed.

Looks like these people have experience of the Homeywell system

http://www.jtssecurity4u.co.uk/#!intruder-alarm/c1ilm

Edited by Tuvoc

"..The original installation company is SSAIB(UKAS) accredited, but it seems he doesn't know the system as well as he should..."

Think I'd better stick to 'reputable' then Lwillis, under the circumstances.

"...I'm not worried about someone cutting the line, but I wanted to know what would happen if there was a fault with the line while the system was armed..."

Can't tell you on open forum, but be assured that any 'reputable' engineer will give you the answer on a face to face basis. If it were a system installed by someone else in my own home I would most definitely be worried "..about someone cutting the line.."

A line cut on a low security system will cause absolutely nothing to happen, but when you get back and disarm and find you have been burgled it will tell you on the display you have a line failure

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Two conflicting answers there ?  I'm going to call in at JTS Security when I get a chance and discuss with them - get a feeling for their knowledge of the system and costs for changing the setting and taking over the system.

OK. As Admin points out quite correctly, nothing will happen on a line fail. However, if you fit a Line fail module at the control panel this shall cause a local alarm when the line is cut.. Having said that, I haven't seen one of these modules in any of the trade warehouses for several years.