Security Installer Community

Observations On Home Alarm Systems.

"....frequent false alarms..."  So where are these frequent false alarms coming from and who's fault (if any) are those false alarms.... Operator error due to inadequate information given by the installing company...poorly sourced equipment..or a questionable RA ? At one time there was a 'three strikes and you're out' system whereby the police withdrew response after three false alarms.

After the install and testing the Alarm fully, the only things I had to alter was the shock sensors sensitivity slightly and pet friendly pirs to option 2 (these ones I use have 1 - 3 options detection settings), since then I've had no false Alarms.

Thanks

Phil

Edited by BarnsleyGeek

I don't think you've gone far enough, Phil. What about external PIRs connected to your CCTV that email you on an event allowing you to view it on your phone and if needs be trigger your siren via your phone before they even get near your Vipers, let alone indoors?

Then there are several guards on post.... :)

Pond & Sharks interesting idea :o), if I get fed up with the neighbors...hmmmm

Me: Come look at my new fish

Neighbor: ok

Me: Look at that one near the edge of the bond (wooops I slipped and grabbed the neighbor, forcing him of balance and into the water - Accidents will happen) - lol

Shark: hmmmmmm dinner

:o)

Phil

"....frequent false alarms..." Barnsley, I wasn't referring to your system when I asked that question, didn't receive a reply anyway. You have everything under control by the sound of things..although, as mentioned in a previous post it's worth keeping an eye on the sensitivity of the shock sensors and any environmental changes which may affect them...you've probably got that aspect covered already.

"....frequent false alarms..." Barnsley, I wasn't referring to your system when I asked that question, didn't receive a reply anyway. You have everything under control by the sound of things..although, as mentioned in a previous post it's worth keeping an eye on the sensitivity of the shock sensors and any environmental changes which may affect them...you've probably got that aspect covered already.

Hi

Yep, all covered (I hope) lol :)