Security Installer Community

Two Way ? Prove It.

charlie6

Yes I know he is from a similar stock as me and has the hex factor :) I just don't post as often as he does. I am a great observer though :)

Again just out of curiosity has anyone seen how smart devices can read the details from credit cards etc using near field technology?

Another question are they really smart?

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Had a lecturer in college , good electronics teacher but refused to believe laser sighting existed this was in 1988

I wonder if he is still of the same opinion!

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Had a lecturer in college , good electronics teacher but refused to believe laser sighting existed this was in 1988

I find that truly astounding.

you went to college?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I don't mind if I do  norm what's yours?

he he No really I am well insulated or just thick you decide. due to following strict procedures under health and safety I only received a shock once but that was in the 1980's

The story goes like this:

Called out to a bell ringer at the usual 3 am and as usual raining. The installation engineers had just handed over the alarm to customer that day so they were not happy. I found that there was no power going to the panel and no power coming in to the fused spur. Tested with superior equipment than Authors neon screwy and as the customer (it was a printers) was in a rush to get to bed he was happy now the bell had been silenced. for me to come back later on that day.

Anyway I went back tested again for mains with my super dooper test equipment and it was still dead. So I picked up a new permanent feed and started to take the old/new feed out when I got a belt as the cable splashed between my thumb and fore finger. After the shock I used the tester again only to confirm the cable had now got mains voltage on it. I then got the panel up and running and reconnected the sa bell. I then  traced the intermittent feed back to were the installers had tapped in for the feed and removed it. Yes you guessed it, into the central heating switched feed the gits. So never again shocked :) Simple ohms law explains why I lived to tell the tale.

If I hadn't been so knackered it would not have been once. e.g. I should have found where the intermittent feed came from and isolated it before I started to replace the feed into the fused spur. The point is you should learn from your mistakes or better still learn from other peoples mistakes. This brings me back to the point of this thread or is there no point to it? What do you think?