Security Installer Community

Best Combined System For Medium Size Business

Hi Tom

Integrated systems are fine for one or five doors, but it really sounds like you will out grow a bolt on system quite quickly, I would be looking at using a separate P.C. access control system that uses the same "secure format" technology fob/cards as the alarm. Why?  Normally you find that with intruder alarms that can also handle access control will not have the flexibility or features that a proper access control system has. You have already mentioned you need time and attendance, a decent PC based system can talk directly with your accounting software, but to make this work properly you should ideally use anti-passback to ensure all your employees clock in and out properly. There are many features that a proper PC controlled access control system can do that a intruder system with bolt on access control cant. We are an independent NSI Gold installer based in Sussex we would love the opportunity to come and discuss your needs we promise that we will listen and come up with a future proof solution that will work for you within your budget, without the jargon and hard sell.

IMHO, you want an access system with a time & attendance module & the access system integrating to control the intruder alarm. I'd say ACT or Paxton controlling a Texecom premier.

Now if only we had a very pleasant Sussex based installer on this very forum (uncle pete) ... we can't recommend any one else local as it might be there turn to employ the local "idiot"  :roflmao:

Thanks Dave LOL

Must admit I originally read the spec, probably wrongly, interpreting 'previously we used separate clock in systems' as "we have abandoned clocking in".

If you still want complete clocking / T+A then, 'proper' access is the way to go. And def. worth a chat with Pete above, either way.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Can you say all that in Chinese?

LOL Not everything I sell is Chinese, HKC is Irish, I use three British Access control Systems, Our premium Hybrid DVR is built by us using Latvian Software and Korean Cards. and the kit I use for programming fobs and cards is Australian.