Security Installer Community

Galaxy Prox Tags

dwdave

"...shunt locks should be preferrred imo..."

Aah ! the good old days of Chubb five lever and so on. Should never have been changed. There was something along those lines in BS4737 at one time if I remember correctly...Final Door Set ..and also..Unset ?

"...shunt locks should be preferrred imo..."

Aah ! the good old days of Chubb five lever and so on. Should never have been changed. There was something along those lines in BS4737 at one time if I remember correctly...Final Door Set ..and also..Unset ?

Shunt for unset is worse than fobs! Lose your keys outside your house and anyone can get in. Shunt for starting the entry time is the most secure, however, many people do not want cable in their front door, it's much harder and more expensive especially with upvc doors. Keep your car keys separate from your front door keys, and keep the fob on your car keys that way if you lose your car keys they can't get in if you lose your house keys they can't switch alarm off.

I've never understood the logic myself. My car key will open the car and can even be used to drive it away. Madness...

Fobs wouldnt change that a code or fp reader would. I can see us all one day walking around with unique technology built into us to start your car, even mobile phone and internet, videos and pictures of what you see and do that you can upload, we will be able to think texts and send them. Mind you having a phone call might look a bit weird to begin with, bit like those people walking around with bluetooth headsets. But imagine having the whole internet available in your head, its already possible just that nobody has the bottle to suggest it.

".... its already possible just that nobody has the bottle to suggest it...."

Commercially it would only be suggested if there are vast profits to be made..should imagine that quite a few multinationals are keeping a close eye. I dread to think what this technology would be capable of in the wrong hands...terrorists and the career politicians would not be too pleased knowing that 'you know what they know'!

Fobs wouldnt change that a code or fp reader would. I can see us all one day walking around with unique technology built into us to start your car, even mobile phone and internet, videos and pictures of what you see and do that you can upload, we will be able to think texts and send them. Mind you having a phone call might look a bit weird to begin with, bit like those people walking around with bluetooth headsets. But imagine having the whole internet available in your head, its already possible just that nobody has the bottle to suggest it.

You got under water cams in pool?

Cage and all that shark stuff with prox entry !

Edited by al-yeti

".... its already possible just that nobody has the bottle to suggest it...."

I would be on it right now but I'm too busy working on my teleporting project, I have it sussed its just putting everything back in the right order I need to get. it would seem that Heisenberg's uncertainty principle is correct, if I can figure my way found that there will be no need for cars planes or trains.