Security Installer Community

Scantronic Alarm Issue

Hi

When I changed the batteries the alarm activated for each shock sensor I just put in my code and it was fine ? I better check the tamper switch under the RFX cover ?

I removed the RFX cover and silenced the alarm. Then put it into learn mode and scrolled through but no number 11 was displayed. The numbers were in the twenties ? I was pushing the button under the Display and believe the delete button is under neath this one.

Any ideas gratefully received

Thanks for your help

Phil

When I changed the batteries the alarm activated for each shock sensor I just put in my code and it was fine ? I better check the tamper switch under the RFX cover ?

Yes

But if you have been pressing buttons in there you could have put the RFX into programming mode.

This may stop the tamper from clearing.

I removed the RFX cover and silenced the alarm. Then put it into learn mode and scrolled through but no number 11 was displayed. The numbers were in the twenties ? I was pushing the button under the Display and believe the delete button is underneath this one.

Not a good idea to be playing in there when your not sure what you are doing.

You may have deleted any number of your wireless devices from the RFX.

You could have just omitted Zone 11 from the keypad and still had a working system, I believe you will now need an engineer.

I tried to omit zone 11 but it came up with a cross after the 11 on the keypad which meant that it could not be omitted ?

If that circuit is not Omit Allowed (this is possible) it has not been programmed correctly initially.

IIRC to omit you enter your code followed by X this will then ask you if you want to Omit a Zone number.