Security Installer Community

Honeywell Replacement

PSE

I know this has been discussed a few month ago,

I'm sure by now you've all see this new total bag of pooh DT8016FS Duel Tech that's replaced the 7450EOL

I've had to do an upgrade today, to add another adjacent warehouse to a system we installed just 2 months ago

All the original detectors are DT7450,  Good, Well build & robust units with zero FA issues for me.

I've been forced again to use these newer DT8016 units and they are an absolute bag of F*CK*NG SH*T

I've tried to find a supplier today, Nobody has the 7450's at all...

I even called Risco "Yes Risco" to see what they offered, But their prices are laughable on their I-Wise Dual-techs

We need to buy some in, but something that does the job well. Risco want £19 for a G2 Digisense and £29.80 for a G3 with AM

Them prices are pathetic, I was paying £15 for the DT7450 in either Qty of 1's or 20's.... Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

".....total bag of pooh DT8016FS Duel Tech..."  I would be interested to learn what precisely is wrong with it. No disrespects intended but, "total bag of pooh" means absolutely nothing to me. Is it giving false alarms for example, possibly it's range isn't as advertised, maybe you can not set the pir and microwave seperately in order to obtain a perfect pattern, etc. etc. I don't have a decent reply to your post, nonetheless I rely totally on your expert opinion and 'bag of pooh' is not your usual definition.

I-wise is not a suitable replacement.

I just finished a factory I saved a qty of 7550's for factory floor & did e-line's in offices.

All e-line would be okay proper dt's in the large open areas was better IMHO

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Lol, Charlie, the technical term above above is widely used amongst the industry, bear in mind it's subjective and encompasses a plethora of issues. One man's bag of poo is another man's feast as they say. (or not) I'm sure he'll elaborate in pinpoint precision.

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1, The build

2, The wiring space,

3, The stupid plastic screw that shears

4, No rear cable channels

5, Unable to secure the lid if the wall is slightly out

6, $hitty plastic screws snapping

7, Smaller in size, not a direct replacement

Do I need to go on,   IMO They are Pooh...   I've already returned a pile a month or so back, Had no choice today but to use hem