Security Installer Community

Galaxy Gold To Galaxy Rs232 Module Not Connecting

dwdave

cheers guys.

im suspecting that my rs232 panel might have had it.

no way to test it and no way to replace it.

my version of rss is old so id need to replace that and the panel for an integrated rs232 one. Not really viable.

I've put a blank password when connecting to a new site and it just hangs on the checking password. The led to show pc connection doesnt light up. It worked fine last week.

'till the next question ...

What you want to do with it? The few zones you might use can all be programmed via the keypad , otherwise scccraap it in my opinion

I don't really like rss either for dimensions, although it's 100x better than gold , might be better of with texecom or a flex panel , or dimension for what your doing

I just like the ability to use it.

I am also playing around connecting one of the rios to a raspberry pi for use as an alarm signaller.

Reversing that system would allow me to shut it down in the event of a false alarm etc or to set it when she forgets to.

If anyone has one they are selling then get in touch.

If I got a dimension panel then I'd only be doing so for the comms route. Plus id need mk7/8 keypads, newer RSS and obviously I'd have to get a touch Centre.

'till the next question ...