Security Installer Community

Accenta Gen 4 And Pyronix Gsmv2

Hi all, I am new here and found you all when looking for some information, hopefully someone here can help me :)

I currently have a Honeywell Accenta Gen 4 alarm with a Informa speech dialler connected, as I no longer have access to a fixed telephone line I was looking to replace my dialler with a Pyronix speech dialler GSM V2, can anyone tell me if it would be a direct replacement and I just need to disconnect existing wiring and reconnect to this dialler please?

I assume the connections are as follows

Informer   V2GSM

12V ------ +12V
0V  ------- 0V
IP1 ------- IN1 (IP1 is connected to INT on my main panel)
IP2 ------- IN2 (IP2 is connected to PA on my main panel)
IP3 ------- IN3 (IP3 should be connected to FIRE on my main panel - CURRENTLY NOT USED)
INH ------ IN6/S (INH is connected to set on my main panel)

T
A -------- TAM 1
M -------- TAM 2
P

I have attached a photo showing the connections on my currently fitted Informa post-69066-0-34139600-1434177176_thumb.j and a PDF showing the relevant pages from the panel connectionsGen4_Dialler connect.pdf.

Thanks in advance

Ron

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad we've got a reply from the experts. My 2015 list consists of Risco, Texecom, Pyronix and Visonic only. Some of these modules are for use with their particular control panels and may or may not be compatible with others. The GSM350 PG2 for example is designed as an internal module for the Powermaster range.. and so on. I cannot therefore make a valid suggestion on all external modules at this time.. but in my opinion anything pyronix gets my vote. Personally I would not go for the cheapest unless a particular model is recommended.

We use Pyroñix as one of our main panels and in all honesty I find they give far less problems then galaxies do. The amount of high res and low res issues galaxies cause whereas Pyroñix rarely causes issues with detector faults.

That only has 2 outputs though. Is it expandable?

The V2, on the other hand, appears more feature rich if the SW write up is anything to go on. More importantly the V2 GSM has 6 on-board programmable inputs (Expandable to 14) and 4 on-board programmable outputs (Expandable to 52). As an end user I'm using 13 outputs and never had an issue.

As for its compatibility with an Accenta panel, I'll pass that one on.

I have been advised that apparently it's a straight swap, the terminals are marked up differently but have had it explained to me in detail how to connect it to my Accenta panel :)

The unit mentioned above seems very basic and might not be enough for what I 'might' need in the future, is it expandable, has anyone used/ fitted one?

Thanks everyone for all your advise so far, I really appreciate it.

Ron

I think you should read the original question and then look at general dig and what they fit, many diallera never use there outputs , simply used for notification

So will be suprised if they ever get used by most diy fits , just an opinion

if you want flexibility like that you dont want an accenta and a text dialler, you want a big panel and a gsm unit. ie the siemens spc panel. plus you can use apps on your phone to control, view status etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I think you should read the original question and then look at general dig and what they fit, many diallera never use there outputs , simply used for notification

So will be suprised if they ever get used by most diy fits , just an opinion

I read it thanks and the OP also mentions in post 11 about its expansion possibilities in the future.

if you want flexibility like that you dont want an accenta and a text dialler, you want a big panel and a gsm unit. ie the siemens spc panel. plus you can use apps on your phone to control, view status etc.

Albeit it isn't an Accenta panel but I regularly use my many outputs via either text or phone call rather than the need for using third party apps which I like to steer away from where security is concerned.

what are you controlling.

i prefer an app rather than sending obscure text message strings.

ie my hkc panel runs my heating and external lighting via its app.

Gates, garages, lights-internal/external, heating, siren, curtains, alarm.

I prefer sending obscure text message strings rather than using an app being controlled by any number of unknowns, servers and potentially risky updates to name 2

• 1 month later...

Abbz, you've lost me a bit.. no ! a lot..Help me out here. "... Pyronix rarely causes issues with detector faults ..." Are you referring to the panel 'causing issues with detector faults' or are you referring to pyronix detectors in general.. I've never known a panel to cause issues with a detector.. but as usual (open to comment).

Dear me, arguments again ! whatever happened to a good old fashioned dialler ?

Charlie, I fail to see any argument but statements without much or any thought like 'al yeti's' should be clarified. James likes his apps, I don't. I like my texts/calls and James doesn't. That doesn't constitute an argument.