Security Installer Community

Da Systems Abacus 8 Alarm

Stevew30

Mines still going strong here.

Metal cased or all-in-one plastic jobbie?

The ones I look after have a separate 'DC' board and that's what's getting hot.

It's really tightly packed in, I imagine the metal case version (which I've never seen in real life) doesn't suffer in the same way.

They do seem otherwise very well made. Couldn't you double each zone or something with a 'splitter'? Remember them on RS.

Or was it just a glorified junction box which turned CC + Tamp into two DEOL zones with resistors in the box rather than on the device???

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yes you could use a splitter and make 2 zones out of one, zone 1A and 1B.

Mine is a 8/80

I looked after 1000s of them at a company in Manchester I worked at for 10 years.

peardrops - what they?

Amusing, to a point, that after Bosch hoovered up DA they now don't market a single intruder system in the UK.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

peardrops - what they?

Amusing, to a point, that after Bosch hoovered up DA they now don't market a single intruder system in the UK.

IDIS/ID biscuit type splitter that could fit inside a PIR. Never come across one in the field and would imagine it'd probably be a bit of a mare trying to change a detector with one stuffed inside it.

AFAIK you can't double up zones depending on resistance values ALA Risco, but they did have odd values (8K2 and 3K9 in parallel if I recall) and zones could be wired 2, 3 or 4 wire. Then you had those awful Stella and Comet PIRs with the built in splitter. 2 PIRs on 3 cores with full alarm and tamper. Also remember pinching the brown or orange off an existing REM aux power feed for the single wire return on a new REM a couple of times to save re-cabling all the way back to the panel (anybody who's worked on them will remember each expander has 3 common wires, with a single wire return depending on the number of the REM)

Trade Member

Industrial estate where da was is now housing estate partially

There was some bloke with a business in London on the radio who does wooden windows etc... saying how he'd had to move 3 times in 5 years as every time he rents a unit it gets sold off and turned into housing sooner or later.

Saying he is getting pushed so far out of London he can't be arsed to serve London if he gets pushed any further out...

Edited by datadiffusion