Security Installer Community

Cctv Setup Suggestion

I’m new to this forum and CCTV. I’m looking to install and setup my first home CCTV system to keep an eye on the house, garden and car parked on street. I live in a mid-terraced house and need two cameras at the front of house one looking from front door onwards to the end of pavement (about 6m x 8m) and another camera looking on from after the end of pavement to the pavement at the other side of the road to watch our 2 cars (about 12m x 15m). Both cameras will be mounted on wall slightly above front door about 4.25m above ground and about 4.5m apart. I’ll also need a two camera for rear of the house to cover side of extension an area of around 1m x 5m and garden area of around 3m x 3m.

The gear I’ve got my eye on at the moment are

4 x Dome cameras Xvision XC1080VP - http://www.xvision.com/product.php?xProd=363&xSec=335

NVR Xvision XRN1609 - http://www.xvision.com/product.php?xProd=380&xSec=344

2nd NVR Xvision XRN0808E - http://www.xvision.com/product.php?xProd=378&xSec=344 (for viewing only on a second TV)

I’ve not been able to find much real life experience reviews on these but specs seems decent to me I was wondering if anyone else could tell me more about them or suggest alternative gear or setup.

Slightly above front door @ 4.25m, are you a giant?

Ill abstain.. Many will have comment its unfair i do

What, like the kit is pants.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Slightly above front door @ 4.25m, are you a giant?

What, like the kit is pants.

And unless the customer service has changed that's pants as well. Do Xvision still have a 0898 technical support number?

As Al yeti suggests Hikvision if you want something decent, if you are on a budget Security Warehouse will have something, that suits your budget. I would suggest vari focal lenses if you are not sure of the field of view 4.25 is quite wide to view the front door area, plus think about what you will see from above the door you don't want to get the tops of peoples heads, the face is the most important part.

Can someone point me to a good UK Hikvision supplier?

Sorry I only know trade suppliers, they wont sell to DIY. but if you google there are several suppliers, just be sure that its genuine Hik check model no.s with the Hikvision Website, and supplier with us here, we can tell you if there are any problems to a degree 

I've attached a snapshot of a video I've made on iPhone 6 plus from the bottom of bedroom window (about 40cm above where the camera will be mounted) holding it at similar angle as the camera to cover 2 cars will be mounted. Can I expect similar area coverage and video quality from a half decent 2mp 1080p bullet camera?

post-68899-0-16720900-1433032822_thumb.j

Edited by Mr_Khan