Security Installer Community

Can I Get An 'optima 2 Plus' Keypad

Hamish

Hi All

I'm new here so please bear with me! I have a great alarm system which needs a small extension. I need to add another 'Optima 2 Plus' keypad so I can deactivate the alarm at a new point. I know the system is old but does anyone know where I might pick up such a keypad please??

Apparently the control panel can take the extra keypad ok.

I've attached a photo of the existing keypad in case there is any doubt.

Thanks for reading this.

Hamishpost-68448-0-31279600-1427558271_thumb.j

I'm guessing it does support multiple keypads?

Just reminded of a lot of the more basic Menvier stuff, sold well into the early 90's, where it was one only.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Wow This was the first alarm I ever fitted in my mums house, The house had a fire in the living room one night, I had fitted smoke sensor to it, glad I did or i might not be typing to you now. I still remember hearing the external sounder pulsing as the fire service where trying to stop the bleeding from my arm.

I did learn something that night arm and glass is very bad but the heat from a fire very very warm. Also make sure electric fire is off in living room before bed

P.s the keypad got a bit hot in the fire and didn't work after.

I know this don't help but brought back some memorys.

I hope every one on here has tested the smoke alarms at 2am in the morning they do work. :signthankspin:

Wow This was the first alarm I ever fitted in my mums house, The house had a fire in the living room one night, I had fitted smoke sensor to it, glad I did or i might not be typing to you now. I still remember hearing the external sounder pulsing as the fire service where trying to stop the bleeding from my arm.

I did learn something that night arm and glass is very bad but the heat from a fire very very warm. Also make sure electric fire is off in living room before bed

P.s the keypad got a bit hot in the fire and didn't work after.

I know this don't help but brought back some memorys.

I hope every one on here has tested the smoke alarms at 2am in the morning they do work. :signthankspin:

Took one out A few weeks ago , panel was trying to light a fire it looked!

Took one out A few weeks ago , panel was trying to light a fire it looked!

It is very likly I was going back to october 94, My mate who works for the fire service got a call to an AFA one night to find the smoke was coming from the fire alarm control panel, It was working to the death as it did have the bells ringing and did send info to control centre you cannot ask for more then that.

• 2 weeks later...