Security Installer Community

Bell Box Battery

bellbox3

This is a pic of my bellbox. There's no sign of any screw holding the front on. So how do I remove it to check the battery? I don't want to just start trying to pry it off or I'll probably end up breaking it/ pulling the whole thing off the wall. Any advice greatly appreciated. 

If the bell still sounds when you down power it then why are you changing the battery? Its not essential that the sa battery is replaced unless it is really u/s, the chances of someone breaking in to your property and completely down powering the alarm system is low.  The bellbox looks like a Nova 6 so there is a screw behind the blue lense if you look closely you will see there is screw cover in the lense. Personally I would not bother until the battery fails completely

Thanks for the very useful info, Peter James. There does look to be some kind of screw cover in the centre of the blue lens. Does it just flip off if you wedge a screwdriver into it? Also, do you know if the battery is easy to change in a Nova 6 (ie not soldered into place)?

• 1 year later...
On 11/03/2015 at 4:22 PM, datadiffusion said:

Was it something like lead carbon I saw in Rs last year, five times the price but a ten year warranty?

Sorry to bump this ancient post, but just went to buy one of these for my utility co style handlamp and...

gone! Obviously either too many warranty claims or the supplier has gone under :(

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

16 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Sorry to bump this ancient post, but just went to buy one of these for my utility co style handlamp and...

gone! Obviously either too many warranty claims or the supplier has gone under :(

So the point of your post is?

It's just a standard 7aH battery, but I was feeling rich and going to replace it with one of those lead-carbon ones.

So when I couldn't find them on RS I came to this thread hoping there would be a part no.

But there isn't, they have clearly given up on them and if you google Lead Carbon 7aH, you get nowt of any relevence.

So will just bang a standard Yuasa back in off the shelf, no sweat.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands