Security Installer Community

Galaxy Internal Sounder Query

ibruceuk

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Dimension with 5 groups and external bells etc.

I have a 1 minute bell delay (mainly to prevent annoying neighbours when wife/kids ignore the alarm and wander into the kitchen before turning it off etc.

However I want an internal sounder to activate immediately.  I can manage this by setting an output as INTRUDER but my problem comes when the system needs disarming following such an activation.  The internal sounder will only stop once the system is reset and not just when it is disarmed.  Certain users (mother in law, parents, kids) don't have the required user level to be able to reset and so can't stop the internal sounder.

Is there another output type I am missing that isn't subject to the 'bell delay' but in all other ways operates as a bell output?

I tried assigning set groups which kind of works but all 5 groups then need to be set for the sounder to operate and there are occasions such as evening when only 3 groups are set.

Incidentally I do have Force restore (51.56) set to Unset/Unconfirm but it doesn't stop the intruder output when the system is unset, as I said it only stops the output when the system is reset.

Hopefully I've made sense with the above.

Thanks,

Ian

As above speaker best option

But perhaps have perimeter protection then set the kitchen to entry as that where you say they walk in

I have a dimension (yep havnt chucked it out for a hkc ....yet)

Have a room in between which starts timer on part set and perimeter protection

Kids have there own code which only deactivates internals

Lots of ways I guess

I don't get it though why wouldn't the sounder stop ???????? I often open the back door in error when the cat goes nuts and sounder stops in disarm

My cat is nuts side point!

I assume it's a sounder triggered off an output? A speaker driven from the speaker terminals should sound immediately.

Not if it has bell delay i dont think.

It will be silent on bell and horn outputs.

BUt if you used group mode you could program it as intruder but to only work when that relevant area is set.

Id still either go for 2 outputs, program one as intruder on a 10 second pulse. And the other as E/E horn. But you wont be able to use a speaker, it will need to be a hi lo sounder

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

put bell delay to 0 link bell output to link A set link A as timer (for your bell delay) set link A destination (latch or reflex timer) to another output for your bell.

You would need to play around with the modifier for link timer to get it to do what you want.

But if you have a Gal with 5 groups, then setting up links should be easy.

Edited by Nova-Security

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

put bell delay to 0 link bell output to link A set link A as timer (for your bell delay) set link A destination (latch or reflex timer) to another output for your bell.

You would need to play around with the modifier for link timer to get it to do what you want.

But if you have a Gal with 5 groups, then setting up links should be easy.

Hard core explanation but will the Op be able?

Thanks for the input guys.  You'd think something seemingly so simple would be straightforward on a panel.

I can imagine many situations where an instant internal but delayed bell would be the order of the day!

I think Links is the way to go, thanks for that gem.  It would be a reflex timer that would then delay the bell output, now just to see whether or not it is 'cancelled' if the system is disarmed before the timer expires (I have a feeling it won't be :( )

Another thought I came up with is to have another group with no zones in it but using setting logic is set whenever any other combination is set and then use that group to enable the intruder output...  If links doesn't work I'll give that one a go.

Alternatively I could just get rid of the delay and put a MasterBlaster in the kitchen.... I imagine they'd only make that mistake once :)