Security Installer Community

Strange Request.. Alarm Satellite Dish.

ifindoubt

Hi,

I have a motorised satellite dish fitted at very low level on my house, siting it higher up is not an option due to size and wind issues.

It cost me a fair wee bit, and would like to protect it if poss, can anyone suggest anything better than glueing razor blades to it ;) I have a cpx in house, and open to any suggestions,

cheers

Hi,

I have a motorised satellite dish fitted at very low level on my house, siting it higher up is not an option due to size and wind issues.

It cost me a fair wee bit, and would like to protect it if poss, can anyone suggest anything better than glueing razor blades to it ;) I have a cpx in house, and open to any suggestions,

cheers

if it does walk it will be in a flat in nelson mandela house peckham..

What does your alarm do at the moment when it goes off, just ring locally or call a monitoring centre?

Think you would be better thinking about Physical security rather than electrical security, Noise nuisance is a thing to consider, so the right choice of detection would be important. If your not at home and it is ripped off the wall what will you do?

I thought about external pirs or parallel beams, but there is quite a lot of cats in my street, so would probs activate all the time.

I have an alarm at present, risco cpx, when it activates it's bells plus vo com to my mobile.

I would be hoping that when it was ripped off the wall the alarm would have activated, and they would have left empty handed, it's a 1.1m solid dish with a motor, lnb arm and bracket which weighs a tonne, which isn't the easiest of things to transport about.

I had a camera pointing at my van, but that didn't stop some cnut breaking the window and stealing my test monitor.

I thought about a single core of 6 core in a loop from the panel out and around the bracket of the dish and then back, but don't really fancy having to replace every couple of weeks.

Edited by jordanb