Security Installer Community

Nvq 3 In Security Systems

a1steve

i cant see what the sia a non technical organisation would bring to the table with regards improving technical standards to this industry unless you want a i do intruder badge strapped to your upper arm and pay for the privilege 

Who do you think should do it?  

Should goverment spend millions on setting up a extra body or have the Security Industry Authority(SIA) added to their remit.

I personally don't think it should be SSAIB or NSI who should do it.

As our firm left SSAIB after they did not like our move for Wireless Alarms on the Market and our firm worked hard to get the NSI Gold Standard. 

Your going to pay for the privilege one way or other and standards should hopefully increase. 

Plus people understand the SIA system which is pretty simple.   

Our company has a Section which is a SIA regulated side and which all the Security Guards, CCTV Operators, Keyholders all say the SIA badged system really improved the industry and set the standards. 

Edited by AlarmScot

Who do you think should do it?  

Should goverment spend millions on setting up a extra body or have the Security Industry Authority(SIA) added to their remit.

I personally don't think it should be SSAIB or NSI who should do it.

As our firm left SSAIB after they did not like our move for Wireless Alarms on the Market and our firm worked hard to get the NSI Gold Standard. 

Your going to pay for the privilege one way or other and standards should hopefully increase. 

Plus people understand the SIA system which is pretty simple.   

Our company has a Section which is a SIA regulated side and which all the Security Guards, CCTV Operators, Keyholders all say the SIA badged system really improved the industry and set the standards. 

personally the jib,the ecs card scheme is already up and running,plus you cant leave the nsi or ssaib out of any agreement they would have to police the new technical standards an engineer would be working too,tho id guess it will be a new venture old boys club money making scam with backs slapped on a job well done while companies pay even more into it for less out

personally the jib,the ecs card scheme is already up and running,plus you cant leave the nsi or ssaib out of any agreement they would have to police the new technical standards an engineer would be working too,tho id guess it will be a new venture old boys club money making scam with backs slapped on a job well done while companies pay even more into it for less out

I just personally would not feel confident in getting a Private Bodies like JIB/ECS/CSCS schemes, SSAIB and NSI. 

Which should be a goverment run body which operates like SIA as we all know there some dodgy 'alarm fitters'

Just had a quick read of that and seems interesting but it talks about end of 2013 and were now at end of 2014 so I guess it already changed. 

I just personally would not feel confident in getting a Private Bodies like JIB/ECS/CSCS schemes, SSAIB and NSI. 

Which should be a goverment run body which operates like SIA as we all know there some dodgy 'alarm fitters'

its about raising standards allegedly so what would a badge on the arm do and how could the sia raise technical standards unless under the influence of others,jib could as its been going years the ecs system is in place granted its a revenue spinner which people will want, forget the words security its a electrotechnical industry first and foremost and if people want it to be so it has to go that route imo

its about raising standards allegedly so what would a badge on the arm do and how could the sia raise technical standards unless under the influence of others,jib could as its been going years the ecs system is in place granted its a revenue spinner which people will want, forget the words security its a electrotechnical industry first and foremost and if people want it to be so it has to go that route imo

Who says you need wear Badge on the arm.   SIA was a new body as there was already bodies out there that looked after door staff and etc. 

I already wear company ID plus a few others and its not just about badge but being officially recognised as a trade as Security is one few which you don't need to really have be part of a trade body or regulated. 

Who says you need wear Badge on the arm.   SIA was a new body as there was already bodies out there that looked after door staff and etc. 

I already wear company ID plus a few others and its not just about badge but being officially recognised as a trade as Security is one few which you don't need to really have be part of a trade body or regulated. 

the badge on the arm is a reference to whatever its a p take at those that wear them,google it,the last part is the point do you really think the likes of you and me will benefit from the new order? think again.. theres very good and qualified people in this industry and very successful business owners without a security qual to their name,what will it really improve

Just had a quick read of that and seems interesting but it talks about end of 2013 and were now at end of 2014 so I guess it already changed.

I know but point is 5 minutes ago the gov were in the process of scrapping Sia AFAIK and for now its all ok, but again AFAIK the desire to pull it apart is still on the books just on hiatus... It will be private whoever it is. Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

the badge on the arm is a reference to whatever its a p take at those that wear them,google it,the last part is the point do you really think the likes of you and me will benefit from the new order? think again.. theres very good and qualified people in this industry and very successful business owners without a security qual to their name,what will it really improve

To be honest all it will be is a money earner for somebody in goverment however our industry is not really causing concern to many people.

It could be a scheme more like 'trusted Trader' type of scheme but I think it take a few years for how it will go. 

In Scotland a Window Cleaner is more regulated that a Security Alarm installer which is worrying.