Security Installer Community

Company Software

drewabs

. Got a fail to operate today. Engineer who knows it all goes and fits some detectors as instructed however didn't follow the get arc to enable them bit. **** i

matt if someone sent me to do a job be it or an install or repair and they didnt trust me to program it test it and hand it over id have to look at myself and think why am i doing this

Absolutely. 2 separate issues. Does your local garage give out free mots incase you might by a new car from them? No, but if you buy a new car from them you might get the mot knocked off.

i held the charge spoke to my manager didnt charge for one call and we got all the upgrades and extra works,signed up too 100 quid or 10k you decide

matt if someone sent me to do a job be it or an install or repair and they didnt trust me to program it test it and hand it over id have to look at myself and think why am i doing this

That's you. 99% of the industry ain't you. I have to build procedures around my weakest link and field based 'engineers' are my weakest link by far. Don't know, don't want to know.

I have NO doubt if I sent you to do a job for me it would be bang on in every way. I can't say that about your colleagues. I see some of the systems you have out in the wild that quite frankly are a crock of ****.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

i held the charge spoke to my manager didnt charge for one call and we got all the upgrades and extra works,signed up too 100 quid or 10k you decide

It doesn't work like that. Cancelling call outs on receipt of a signed order is one thing. Cancelling invoices that are raised in accordance with a contract that all parties agreed to on the a whim and a prayer you might get an order at some time in the next 500 years isn't acceptable and exactly why my lot can't do it as they'd do what you do. Let them off the hook and be loved by the end user and they'd feel all warm and fluffy inside that the customer loves them thinking they are doing good for the company whereas the reality is the total opposite.

Now you've left they are much better than they used to be.

Bollox. Accuse me if many things but I was, and still am, awesome at my job.

i see different and i work there..

How many have you audited and what qualifies you to audit them to backup your statement? Ie how do you know you are capable of forming that view. Neat trunking and shiny glands are not part of the standards and count for naff all in terms of compliance.

That said I'd love it if most (in many other firms) could get a grip on that...

My point being, gazar will look at a job, it's neatness, stickers on panels etc etc and rate it dogs danglies but the reality might well be the programming breaches 3/4 standards it's certed to, not contain the required clauses in paperwork, have incorrect standby capacity, have incorrect arc records but would preach that his 'brothers' were doing a sterling job as that's how he sees it.

It doesn't work like that. Cancelling call outs on receipt of a signed order is one thing. Cancelling invoices that are raised in accordance with a contract that all parties agreed to on the a whim and a prayer you might get an order at some time in the next 500 years isn't acceptable and exactly why my lot can't do it as they'd do what you do. Let them off the hook and be loved by the end user and they'd feel all warm and fluffy inside that the customer loves them thinking they are doing good for the company whereas the reality is the total opposite.

Bollox. Accuse me if many things but I was, and still am, awesome at my job.

How many have you audited and what qualifies you to audit them to backup your statement? Ie how do you know you are capable of forming that view. Neat trunking and shiny glands are not part of the standards and count for naff all in terms of compliance.

matt

point 1..its customer service and face to face talking you get a grip of the situation when a builder is offering work but wont be happy you charging for 2 mins work that business,the call out could be charged after if needed

point 2...fo man you have very little engineering work in your cv

point 3..i was running my own ship upgrades at 22 and meeting with ship captains engineers and mod staff i know how to do a job be it ships or alarms

Question.

If you have your finger on the pulse as much as you think you do, how come your not the gm of the branch on 100k a year and a nice motor? :hmm:

Hang on. Define engineering experience?

Edited by matthew.brough