Security Installer Community

Speeding Ticket

I received a ticket last week for speeding on the M1, apparently I was doing 49mph when an overhead gantry said 40.

I am pretty sure the gantry said 50, I am not disputing that I was doing 49mph but I would not do 9 mile over speed limit, trouble is how can you prove what the gantry says and when they change it down from 50 to 40 is there a delay before it gets you?

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

The M6/M42 sector is notorious for this.

Yes, there is a delay but no one quite knows what it is.

Unfortunately, the onus is on you to prove you were compliant.

I take it you were pretty much on your own in the lane rather than a steady stream of flowing traffic?

Photograph shows me in middle lane with a car approx 10 metres behind me and a car pulling in just in front of me

Edited by BUSTER

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Do they send the photo out with all NIPS now or do you still have to ask (genuine question, not been caught for 10 or so years [touches wood]) ?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

iirc when I asked for the photo I was told I would only be given it if it went to court, but they wanted me to send mine of the van parked wholly on the pavement taking the pics.

post-1124-0-89937700-1404757102_thumb.jp

Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

They are not obliged to send you the phot's unless you plead not guilty and elect a court appearance, the you will get them with the evidence pack in due course.

You can aslk them for the photo to assist you in identifying the driver but they are not obliged to divvy it up.....and clock continues to tick on the 28 day time limit to return the S172