Security Installer Community

So This Is Why My Cameras Wont Show Remotely

I got an email this morning from No-IP . Luckily I am only using it for my own home CCTV and nothing else They do also have a free service the same as Dyn DNS used to

We want to update all our loyal customers about the service outages that many of you are experiencing today. This is NOT A TECHINCAL ISSUE WITH NO-IP.
This morning, Microsoft served a federal court order and seized 22 of our most commonly used domains because they claimed that some of the subdomains have been abused by creators of malware. We were very surprised by this. We have a long history of proactively working with other companies when cases of alleged malicious activity have been reported to us. Unfortunately, Microsoft never contacted us or asked us to block any subdomains, even though we have an open line of communication with Microsoft corporate executives.

I've no idea why people would want to go down this route over a static IP

I have a static IP but its easier to remember a DNS like peterjames.noip.com  I dont have to write the number down anywhere. Also we have a guarding co that monitors our CCTV (I use Dyn DNS for them) they can see which site they are logging into because the dns is the name of the customer rather than a number