Security Installer Community

Talk Talk Router And Cctv Doesnt Work

thorg

Why even bother,

A good enough for a home netgear or tp-link is less than an hour labour?

Thinking this may be the route I take, although, I just don't understand why it should be necessary.

This is a freebie install I'm doing for a friend so trying to keep costs down.

Now I remember why I don't install domestics anymore...

Have you tried putting the DVR in this DMZ? Or using a lower port?

I've done many sky routers and never had an issue getting into then or setting up ports or using dmz(I know DMZ isn't the most secure way or doing it)

What sky router is it?

Thinking this may be the route I take, although, I just don't understand why it should be necessary.

I'm a simple alarm monkey....

I've tried to get Homehubs & Thompson Tecicolours to work, however it cheaper for the sub for pay for a router rather than pay me to prat about...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Have you tried putting the DVR in this DMZ? Or using a lower port?

I've done many sky routers and never had an issue getting into then or setting up ports or using dmz(I know DMZ isn't the most secure way or doing it)

What sky router is it?

Have tried enabling DMZ but no success. Is the 582n Technicolor. This is the first time I've ever had an issue setting up port forwarding too. One thing I have not tried is using a lower port number, port :37777 as default for NVR.

Sky routers are one of easiest

Work on internal ip first and try connecting there

I assume it works indoors?

yeah I can log into the front end no problem internally on the LAN. Edited by SentryAlertSystems

thank you Lwillis, i may just have to try a 4 digit port number instead of the default 5 digit?

wont be back to site till next weekend but if im still having issues i may just take you up on that offer. i could open up the remote programming on the router and you can dial direct into that i think? port :51003?? i can still see any changes made live on my screen too i think.