Security Installer Community

Hi And Equipment Advice

Mx49

Yep guessed as much. My expertise is CAD software (civil and structural) and I could tell you the software to avoid but once you get to the mainstream stuff it is down to what you want to use it for and personal preference and experiences.

Got another quote coming in and phoned another installer who quoted me over the phone suggesting that I shouldn't use PIR type sensors (due to the pets) but shock sensors on windows and doors only. The other installers said not to use the shock sensors as the recent strong winds would have set the alarm off and that the pet friendly sensors will be fine. Hence my confusion :-))

Not a fan of shocks myself. We don't have any, they have all been ripped out over time. The issue with them is too sensitive = false alarm nightmare and turn them down so much so they don't false alarm chances are won't activate when needed. Unless you have a 6ft tall snarling mut chances are pet immune detectors will be fine. Don't like the word pet immune as some are sold. Pet tolerant would be a better description.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

id say go for perimeter protection every time. i can see the sales logic but i disagree with it. imo its better for your system to activate before entry than after, ie in the room

id disagree stronly with matt here

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

id say go for perimeter protection every time. i can see the sales logic but i disagree with it. imo its better for your system to activate before entry than after, ie in the room

id disagree stronly with matt here

Clearly. You using some form of super viper that doesn't cause any headache? I have a strong dislike of break glasses too. Don't mind contacts for your perimeter detection but a bit unsightly on a res?

Same with aesthetic for a viper. Bit unsightly having a block half way up your wall with a flashing red fairy light on?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

unless you've an old fashioned installer or a new build under construction it unlikely you'll get shocks or contacts on windows without wires/ trunking unless you go radio which inturn brings a different set of issues...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

unless you've an old fashioned installer or a new build under construction it unlikely you'll get shocks or contacts on windows without wires/ trunking unless you go radio which inturn brings a different set of issues...

Those wireless shocks cooper do are ace apart from the 1 way thing... Guts are made by elmdene. Great for sash windows too as one version has a contact also.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands