Security Installer Community

Help! Problem Starting Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20

Check your rf contacts is one of them on zone 4?

Failing that your link can't be in correct from T to 0v check it again

If it's the rf, then is it possible the metal tamper pin has dropped out and you havnt noticed? It's a small metal clip on the base of the door contact inside, can easily fall out if loose, it closes the tamper

Following the installation guide, the "0004 AUX TAMPER" corresponds to address 0004 which is "Bell/Siren tamper ("T" terminal)".  The Guide says that this T terminal must be connected directly to 0V terminal if no bell/siren is fitted.  That what I do.

I think that the system has detected that the T-0V jumper has been removed momentarily (yes, I hooked this wire by mistake by installing the phone input).  Even after putting back the wire, the system retains the tamper and doesn't want to clear it.

Now I have the question: On the pcboard, over the outputs 1,2,3 terminals, there are 3 "pull-up links" for outputs - a kind of 3 jumpers.  What do they do?  What are they for?  Someone has an idea?

Regards,

You didn't wire the phone line into the t terminal did you, how did you accidentally remove it?

No, I din't :)  

All my cables come into the panel from hole in the back of the box.  When I push the telephone cable through this hole, its head hooked the T-to-0V wire by accident.  It happened because the wire used to make the jumper T-to-0v was a bit too long.  So I remove the wire, reduce its length and put it back.

I'm really lost with this 0004 AUX TAMPER error.

if it was ripped out you may have damaged the board. But it may just need to be acknowledged.

Do you have an idea how to acknowledge the tamper error.  I'm now stuck in the Engineer mode because each time I want to back to normal mode, the tamper check routine returns this error and give me just one option: press Esc and go back to Eng. mode.

When I restart the system, the error is still there.

FFS.  I will tell you what the 0004 tamper is but will have to charge a call out?

:D

Edited by ftikai

You don't have to acknowledge the tamper if you are in engineering mode.  You just need to 'esc' out and get the 'checking tampers' message.  If you still receive the tamper warning for 0004, then the contact between the 'T' and '0V' terminals is not good. If you have a meter, then check these pins to ensure there is no voltage differential present. Ie. 0V.   If you get 0V, then the board may be faulty, or be in some wierd 'Flex' state.