Security Installer Community

Wiring 2 Bells On Texecom Premier Elite

zerozero

You are confusing fault and tamper from my previous post.

You can wire the fault in series and save a zone. In fact you could do the same with all your pirs. Put them all on the same zone. It isn't a good idea, but you could do it and save yourself zones. If the overall grade of the system is grade 2, the point of wiring the fault relays in is?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I think the G2/G3 thing was perhaps not explaining my intention very well (and this is just how the Texecom guide differentiates it.. which I persisted to my post.. sorry for that)

My intention was that if the bell can report a fault if it has one, then it would be better to configure it to have this ability? I was assuming that this will alert me of battery issues and other faults. I'm expecting that these kinds of faults can happen at any time and will alert me via the keypad at least and perhaps would even email me via montex. I could be wrong but this is what I had assumed.

I understand that distinct zones is better from an issue isolation perspective but I was relying on the texecom guide (perhaps too much) as it says to wire the fault relay in series (doesn't entertain any other option when considering multiple bells). I didn't consider the consequence is that the system wouldn't know which bell had faulted, which seems quite a limitation. Perhaps it is expected that they don't fault much and so by disconnecting each one in turn (and all connections at least will all go back to the control panel) you could relatively quickly disconnect each bell in turn to isolate the faulting bell?

So is there a way to wire both bells up with isolated Fault circuits? I can't see it covered in any of the guides.

Perhaps this is what the second G3 diagram shows in the installers guide of the panel (Grade 3 Installation Using a Zone) where instead of using the single dedicated -VE bell tamper you wire the Tamper Relay through to the Aux / Fault and then wire the Fault Relay to the alarm Zone pair (with a permanently closed tamper circuit).

What about the Tamper circuit Is it as important to have separate tamper circuits for each bell, or is this ok to share?

Also the bell manual suggests wiring the cover microswitches together between the two bells (and only connecting the first one to tamper). Does anyone know if I still need to do that in all cases?.. I'm now thinking that I do as this is to do with the tamper circuit and something to do with self activation.

Thanks again guys.. your advice is really invaluable and helping me climb this learning curve.

As for faulty bells. I can think of a handful I've replaced over years. Practically a unheard of sinario but possible. I'm not sure what conditions make this fault relay throw. First thing that enters my head is how can it test the actual siren and report a fault?

I'd wire up your first bell as per normal instructions and wire the tamper of the second bell to a zone and the same with the fault so although it's two zones, you know where the problem is.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Most bells I seen is always battery issue leading to the charging circuit going faulty

So agree with putting it on a zone as it not really going to report much otherwise

Archived