Security Installer Community

If Paying Tv License Gets Decriminalised, Will You Still Pay?

lol the licence pays for the bbc as thats how its always been funded and as for USP, the licence fee doesnt sell it for me at all, just a necessary evil.

I am sure they can  work in something that doesnt run to overkill with ads every 5 minutes like many commercial channles do now,  between programs and start to reduce the licence fee.

have you looked at the rates for advertising around core shows and sponsoring programmes  we could seriously reduce the licence fee, if they had a few shows sponsored and a break at the begining and end of each show, as I do like a brew whilst watching the box

how about the number of adverts would drop overall per program and the quality of the programs goes up to attract the sponsorship or is that way too forward thinking?

you could get rid of the fee all together and save 3 quid a week,would you even notice that saving ? tv is ***** either way

Problem is the minute usual commercial factors apply to me the bbc looses its usp?

Yep, there's some good drama on ITV but it's fckd up by the adverts. Every 12 bloody minutes.

Lose the will to live with adverts

lol the licence pays for the bbc as thats how its always been funded and as for USP, the licence fee doesnt sell it for me at all, just a necessary evil.

I am sure they can  work in something that doesnt run to overkill with ads every 5 minutes like many commercial channles do now,  between programs and start to reduce the licence fee.

have you looked at the rates for advertising around core shows and sponsoring programmes  we could seriously reduce the licence fee, if they had a few shows sponsored and a break at the begining and end of each show, as I do like a brew whilst watching the box

Just watch itv then.

But surveys show people still watch BBC as a preference - afterall, it's not compulsory (nor is having a licence)

I didnt realise that until a few years ago, the time between ads was regulated, and that now we have USA levels of ads, with the exception of the unbelievable USA practice of 1st ads after the titles.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Having spent time in commercial radio stations where the programming output is determined ultimately by how much cash can be brought in from ads and the talent and output adjusted accordingly the BBC is a dramatically different animal. Absorbed from the commercial pressure the quality of the production is based around doing an excellent job, not a profitable one. Commercial radio groups are networking with the exception usually of breakfast and drive as the as revenue doesn't pay the bills for local presenters. Globals recent acquisition of the GMG radio group is a perfect example. GMG was the nearer commercial group that I've seen try and match BBC quality and in the early days of the real and smooth brands there was no money spared. As the group no longer could produce the required profits to support the guardian newspaper it got flogged off and a write down on its value. I don't watch much TV and pay both the license fee and £600 a year for sky but more often than not watch catch up bbc programs via the sky planner. I really like some of the output on BBC radio but most of the time my ears are tuned to lbc as it's really the only non sport talk radio station and on the rare occasion I'm interested in tunes heart as it took over from real.

I didnt realise that until a few years ago, the time between ads was regulated, and that now we have USA levels of ads, with the exception of the unbelievable USA practice of 1st ads after the titles.

I've often thought US TV was just ads with snippets of programming. They also repeat the same message a billion times and I've often sat watching it thinking that I got the message first time. Maybe the yanks are a bit slow and need constant reminders.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/