Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 2-Way 8 Button Remote Control

delzuk

Hello,

I have recently installed an Agility. I have found it to be a brilliant system. Having little prior knowledge of Risco systems I have got it all set up using the 2 way keypad. Full/Part set via the keypad works fine. My problem is that I can only get my 2-way 8 button remote to unset and part set. I have two of them both use different pin codes and both of them do the same for some reason they will not full set. Is there something in the programming settings that i'm doing wrong ? I'm hoping that an expert on here has come across this one and can help me.

Thanks for looking/reading and helping if you can. :-)

Richard

• 2 months later...

What standard did you use in the panel.

The Agility  3 certainly cant set the system with the remote 8 button fob when you employ certain standards.

Thats because you are not allowed to use a wireless fob to set on certain standards, without certain other things being done,(my underatsnding is to stop false alarms by accidently setting the system)  I am sure I can be corrected by someone on the standards, they way each manufacturer interprets the standards and apply their fiddles can get confusing.

risco have decided not to allow setting at all form the 8 button fob when the standard is applied, which is  strange as you can have a pin entry on the fob before setting, which would be similar to using the keypad which is wireless the only difference is the keypad is fixed and fob isnt,  dont even get me started on the slim keypads which people treat as remotes, they are apparently supposed to be fixed, but its a bit big to put in your pocket.

if you default the panel in engineering and not the wireless devices or labels you should be able to use the fob to set and unset

Edited by secureiam

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you secureiam ,

It was a 'standard' issue that had restricted full set. I defaulted the panel and have ignored the standards altogether. It now works perfectly in my opinion. I totally agree that it is strange especially because it does require you to use your pin number to set it on the remote.

Thanks again for your time it is really appreciated.

Richard