Security Installer Community

Bell Box Wireing.

Brian Burt

I have 2 Honewell AG6 sounders to wire up to a optima compact panel The problem is that the wire for one of the bell boxes is built into the wall, and is only 4 core and cannot be replace with 6 core because of the fabric of the building the original wire was plastered into the walls from the first floor to the control panel. Can I wire up the two bell boxes to work together using 4 core for one and 5 core for the other..  Also how can I power " 12volt sound bombs" loud sounders fitted inside the house from the optima panel these sounders have no  electronics just 12 v to sound them. Any help would be welcome   Brian     

Brian welcome but please read the forum rules

From a DIY question I would suggest getting an alarm company out to do the job.

This needs to be set up right imo.

I'd agree. This isn't a DIY job, especially with the volume of sounders you'll need a 3 phase supply if you add anymore current load onto it!

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I thought of using a 12 volt relay to switch  on the internal sounders powered from the battery and activated from the panel  strobe trigger of sounder trigger ?  I still have to work out how to mix 4 and 5 wires to the two outside bell boxes.?  P.S. I am a radio ham and can follow a circuit diagram but so far the 4 wire bell box has me stumped.  any thoughts lads and lasses.

Relay will work providing your additional power supply is battery backed, as for 0v one wire , 12v another wire , bell trigger and strobe together on one looped together and use last for tamper return?

Archived