Security Installer Community

Dialler Cutting Out Broadband

timmo66

Phone line is connected to our speech dialler via the back of the master bt socket. There is broadband on the line and the dialler is filtered.

However, with all connected, when dialler calls it cuts off the customers broadband. When removed from the master socket, so basically the incoming line is straight through to the dialler, all is well.

filter has been changed, and wiring must be okay based on the fact that all works without the master socket etc in play.

any ideas folks?

Shouldnt be, your filter is between the box and the dialler though, not just plugged into the front of the master socket?

I always fit a replacement faceplate filter myself, then everything can be hard wired properly.

http://cpc.farnell.com/pressac/60-10705-xxxxx/adsl-centralised-filter-splitter/dp/TE04368

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yep because it's in front of the master socket. The master socket (normally NTE5) does an important job the slaves are just connection boxes.

Some sites will have no obvious issues, others will cut out DSL or slow it down.

Fixed a few of these in front of the master socket issues before.

Also additional noted to above, if BT do a line test they will not get a true result as it is testing the dialler too.

BT have been known to fine people/companies for touching anything in front of the master socket.

Master Socket > Dialler > Extensions is the way to do it.

I have an inline filter between the box and the dialler.

This is the way I've always done it and never had problems, which is why I am slightly confused as to why I have this problem now.

Require a 9 to dial out if that changes anything? So goes through a phone system. But again, done this countless of times before with no problem.

Yep because it's in front of the master socket. The master socket (normally NTE5) does an important job the slaves are just connection boxes.

Some sites will have no obvious issues, others will cut out DSL or slow it down.

Fixed a few of these in front of the master socket issues before.

Also additional noted to above, if BT do a line test they will not get a true result as it is testing the dialler too.

BT have been known to fine people/companies for touching anything in front of the master socket.

Master Socket > Dialler > Extensions is the way to do it.

Thanks, thats a good bit of information! 

Archived