Qvis Eye Domes Ffs!

EggyBum69

been testing out these qvis EYE-E37-V2W 960h

i know its early days with them for me but,

there a bloody nightmare to set up compared with a panasonic dome

panasonics have clear instruction sheets

these qvis ones have a tiny bit of spec an info on them

an the pdf is naff too

i found samsung an panasonic an to a lesser extent concept pro pretty easy to set up

i was a media student so im used to pro cameras(white balance, lens. lighting etc)

but it helps to have detailed instructions like panasonic provide

im testing them out indoors at the mo they dont switch day/night well under led lighting

i know there not diy friendly but no pro cctv kit is an ive sussed out the other equipment

well enough to use it properly

its goner be fun setting up these outside on a small screen jeeze :shy:

I have used plenty of their E37 V2 Vari-focal 650/700TVL, I've probably gone through about 130 of them and had just 1 fail on me.

The setup is easy enough, Should you have the need to change it to suit the installation environment

If you fully understand what exactly the settings are for, You should be fine with what you need to change or tweak

qvis £99 panasonic wv-cf284 were £149 but there old now (540tvl) good domes though

yeah i do but panasonic takes the approach that shimano does with bike parts ie detailed mapped out instructions,

but there from japan, stuff from china often comes with minimal paperwork,

im not saying there not decent, its just well if there going to spend money on making good kit

why not explain it on the instructions in clear detail an stages i always prefer that,

an i would take dip switches over these joystick things anyday

its no biggie though, im full of cold an grumpy at the mo O_O

I have used plenty of their E37 V2 Vari-focal 650/700TVL, I've probably gone through about 130 of them and had just 1 fail on me.

The setup is easy enough, Should you have the need to change it to suit the installation environment

If you fully understand what exactly the settings are for, You should be fine with what you need to change or tweak

1 dodgy out of 130, i'd do the lottery this week mate.

qvis £99 panasonic wv-cf284 were £149 but there old now (540tvl) good domes though

yeah i do but panasonic takes the approach that shimano does with bike parts ie detailed mapped out instructions,

but there from japan, stuff from china often comes with minimal paperwork,

im not saying there not decent, its just well if there going to spend money on making good kit

why not explain it on the instructions in clear detail an stages i always prefer that,

an i would take dip switches over these joystick things anyday

its no biggie though, im full of cold an grumpy at the mo O_O

Where you buying them from at 99 quid?

Out the box settings are *****, you will need to alter pretty much most settings in there to get a decent image, infact a very good image, but you will need to play with it for a bit.

Adata assume you know what BLC means

Obviously you need to know terminologies, but as with these type and W5/W6, there is no guidance at all in the manual, why dont they come set up for a decent image, out the box its *****.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I get very little faulty stuff from them to be honest,  I would say less than 3% percentage

I do get pizzed off when I receive returned stock that's already gone out though, I refuse to accept it

tbh i had issues with a cameras SQ supplied called the cyclops. for those who have not seen it think of War of the Workds and the tripods roaming eye. A point made wasitt's antispider capabilities.

Out of the box looking into a dark garden it simply gave a black image. if the flat below it put on their lounge light you just got a glare. Only when you tinkered with it did you then get a very good night image, so is it that hard to give a reasonable image out of the box?

Elsewhere the requirement was less, and competantly handled by a much cheaper general purpose armoured dome, only tweaks allowed were focus and width.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived